585,981 active members*
4,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > Dan Thorson has passed away

Dan Thorson has passed away

Thorson, Daniel (Dan) E. quietly passed away in the loving arms of his family on March 21, 2009 at the age of 55. Beloved husband of Bonnie (nee Erdmann) for 34 years. Loving father of Brett (Vanja) Thorson, Glory (Tony) Simons, and Merrijane (Robert) Stenson. Cherished son of the late Herbert Thorson and survived by Herdis (nee Kleven). Loving brother of Karen (Mark) Ilten and Kathryn (Jim) Bode. Cherished grandpa of Max Thorson, Isaiah & Evan Simons, and Gloria Stenson.

Visitation will be on Thursday, March 26 from noon until the time of service at 2PM at Valhalla Memorial Park Gardens in the Chapel. 5402 N 91st St Milwaukee, WI 53225. (414) 462-3300. Internment to follow. Please join the family in fellowship at Maxim's Family Restaurant and Bakery 18025 W. Capitol Dr. Brookfield. (262)-783-4501. In lieu of flowers memorials appreciated to the American Cancer Society.

Dan spent his life working with machine tools for Kearney & Trecker, Giddings & Lewis, and Tree Machine Tool. Dan started his own company Tree Tech to support former Tree customers after the company closed. Dan enjoyed wood working, and electronics spending much of his time either at his workbench or working with family friend Tom (Gwen) Cyganek.

Special thanks to Robert Prostek and all of the employees at Peace of Mind Funeral Services. The Thorson family has received nothing but kind and loving patience and guidance from them and our most gracious thanks for all they have done. You really have been a blessing to us.

Additional thanks to Sherri & Linda at Elmbrook Memorial Hospital. You have helped us in so many ways.

Please pass this along to anyone who knew Dan.

Thank you.

Brett Thorson - Dan Thorson's Son aka the Tree Tech's Son

So sorry for your loss, thank you for posting. I worked with Dan at K&T and will pass the info on to others from K&T and G&L that I am still in contact with. Very sad news, indeed.

yes, very sad
    I got this email this morning
    I had just talked to him last week
    he hooked me up with a good local guy to work on our VMC
    and had recently walked me through a hard drive swap out

I had only been in touch with him for about the last 6 months,
    he will surely be remembered as someone who in the midst of his pain and suffering, kindly did everything he could to help out a total stranger

Kenny

Truly sorry for your loss. Seems we are losing more and more assets every day.
    RIP Dan
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Wow that hits hard. Very sorry for your loss. Dan got me through some rough times on those Tree machines. I had some good conversations with him I remember talking to him for a couple of hours about some crazy customers. Man did we laugh. I hadn't spoke to him in awhile. He will be missed.