585,602 active members*
3,659 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Yasnac help

Yasnac help

I have a shop here in the area that has a kia with a Yasnac controller on it. It been 14 years last time I ran a yasnac, I need some help?

Quote Originally Posted by cncwhiz View Post
    I have a shop here in the area that has a kia with a Yasnac controller on it. It been 14 years last time I ran a yasnac, I need some help?
    What kind of help are you looking for??? Programming, Set-Up????
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Setup and controller operation.

Setup and controller operation.
    Can you be a little more specific like what Yasnac Control MX1, 2, or 3???
    What Configuration VMC or HMC?
    What Year??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Im trying to find out. I know that the control is on a KIA but that it?

Im trying to find out. I know that the control is on a KIA but that it?
    Look for the Manuals. They will have the Control information as far as what Model, Year, and Configs.

If you find manuals that are crappy match them up on this site. There are complete PDF's (bad photo copies but good enough).

Then post back here.

http://www.yaskawa.com/site/Support....ntrollers.html
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

The machine is a lathe. I am not sure of the controller but the guy is supposed to get in touch with me. They are having programming issues. They are doing trial and error?

The machine is a lathe. I am not sure of the controller but the guy is supposed to get in touch with me. They are having programming issues. They are doing trial and error?
    Problems with what? Canned Cycles?? Set-up??

It is more than likely an LX 1, 2 or 3 series Control.

You may have to set the stroke limit with a G50. This is done by setting all the tool geometry in the Offset Page then Set the Stroke Limit for Tool clearance for Indexing each tool change. I forget the exact sequence.

I have not done this in like 10 years myself LOL
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Im waiting to see if I can hookup with the guy. Im a Pro manufacturing programmer? I have mastercam but I don't know much about it? I have a friend that programs lathes in his shop that can get me going when I find out what the guy with the machine needs?

Yasnac on KIA

If you have any programming wxperience with a Fanuc, the Yasnac is very similar with a few minor changes.
    You need to supply a lot more information before I can help you. For instance does it have a tool presetter?
    What model is it?
    Is it a gang style machine?
    What are you going to run on it?
    How old is it?
    I used to work for KIA so I am sure I can help you.
    I also may have some manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfordln View Post
    If you have any programming wxperience with a Fanuc, the Yasnac is very similar with a few minor changes.
    You need to supply a lot more information before I can help you. For instance does it have a tool presetter?
    What model is it?
    Is it a gang style machine?
    What are you going to run on it?
    How old is it?
    I used to work for KIA so I am sure I can help you.
    I also may have some manuals.
    Pretty much a standard Lathe. No live tooling, No Pre-Setter
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Yes they are telling me that it is a gang tooled lathe. I don't know what they run but the don't seem like they know much about programming?

Yes they are telling me that it is a gang tooled lathe. I don't know what they run but the don't seem like they know much about programming?
    I will have to correct the above statement now LOL. Is this one of those little 5C collet machines with a Gang Slide?
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com