585,753 active members*
4,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > General Off Topic Discussions > What Do You Do When You're Not Doing CNC
Page 2 of 11 1234
    Working in Mexico, guys know i dont like spiders so they caught a tarantula and let it go in my office, some kind of a lizard i found on the road, drill rig upside down off the side of a mountain road, brand new 1500 dollar drill bit crushed in a rod clamp..... lol.... the joys of working overseas..
    Im sitting in a hotel room in Chihuahua city at the moment, we shut down for 5 days over Easter, in the mean time some bandits stole a bunch of stuff from 2 of our drills, even though i had ( security ) on 24 hours a day, i say that lightly... heading back to the project this afternoon to pick up the peices and start drilling again tommorow... 2 more weeks to go on this tour then back home to serinity and sanity....lol

EDD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails edds pictures 070.jpg   nov 24 casa bl 007.jpg   DSCI0309.jpg   DSCI0325.jpg  

100_1608.JPG   100_1653.JPG  

On a lighter note, it is a interesting place, tons of history, the pic of the church still has bullet holes in it let over from the days of Pancho Villa, most of the people i have met here in 2 years are great, and i am proud to call them friends....

EDD

Another bump. Finished the painting. Spraying paint in an eight feet by 27 feet room with minimal ventilation is a stupid idea without a respirator; I think the inside of my lungs are probably white not pink.

My favorite non-CNC activity is coming up starting Friday, travel! Fly to Heathrow, spend a couple of days in London, drive to Cornwall to visit Heligan Gardens and the Eden Project then to Southampton for a leisurely five day crossing of the Atlantic to Brooklyn and fly home.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I love to ride, especially when it is warm at night. If I'm not riding, I usually working on bikes, working on my mustang, or just simply drinking beer somewhere. Oh, and I like to read through cnczone and welderzone when I'm supposed to be working, and late at night when I'm bored.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails harley.bmp   T3 3 bolt exhaust 001.jpg   T3 3 bolt exhaust 002.jpg  

Another Bump

Atlantis Sea World in Riverhead
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3498.jpg   IMG_3503.jpg   IMG_3506.jpg   IMG_3523.jpg  

IMG_3556.jpg   IMG_3615.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Bump to the top
    YW Geof
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Another shameless bump.

this is how I'm spending my long weekend after finding out my other pool was rotten , after this (if weather permits) I will do what i do best "float"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0749.jpg  
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

I thought it was too cold over there to go swimming!!!

Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by epineh View Post
    I thought it was too cold over there to go swimming!!!

Russell.
    Canadians are tough; we just break the ice and dive right in.

Then go and warm up in our igloo snaccking on seal blubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Lol now there is an image

Errgh! I just wonder how you manage to insert a jpeg from my computer into a post like this!

Best wishes,

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by martinw View Post
    Errgh! I just wonder how you manage to insert a jpeg from my computer into a post like this!

Best wishes,

Martin
    I am d****d if I know how to insert a jpeg from your computer, however to insert one from mine I click on the Manage Attachments button when I am writing a post and follow what seems intuitive when the window pops up.

Dear Geof,

Please do not give that "intuitive" line! I will try later.

Thanks anyway,

Best wishes,

Martin

I am d****d if I know how to insert a jpeg from your computer, however to insert one from mine I click on the Manage Attachments button when I am writing a post and follow what seems intuitive when the window pops up.
    Wow, your getting crabby?? Not had your fill of seal blubber today, LOL

I have to say I've bumped this thread at least once.:rainfro:

Nice to see it back.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Wow, your getting crabby?? Not had your fill of seal blubber today, LOL

I have to say I've bumped this thread at least once.:rainfro:

Nice to see it back.
    Getting crabby? I've been crabby since before you were in diapers. Although on second thoughts maybe I am contradicting myself maybe it was grouchy not crabby.

Canadians are tough; we just break the ice and dive right in.

rather than eating the whale blubber I find it much better to lather myself in it , it helps keep out the cold when I jump into the icy water , i get another 5 minutes of swimming that way , the last time I smacked my head when i fell because i coated my feet with it so i'm a bit more carefull now
    A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Getting crabby? I've been crabby since before you were in diapers. Although on second thoughts maybe I am contradicting myself maybe it was grouchy not crabby.
    For a Grouchy guy you sure have a great sense of humor

What I'm doing when not CNC'ing....... Listening to Rob Zombie, Disturbed, and some Maiden
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails avatar_5258.jpg   27949.gif   avatar_1300.gif   avatar_1218.gif  

avatar_1962.jpg   avatar_5694.jpg  
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Well, I've been doing a bit of archery for the last couple of years. Used to shoot when I was just a kid, but now I do it partly because its good for my muscles, and it is just one of those things that 'clicks' with me. I'm really only a target shooter (with recurve bows for now) and have no interest in actual game hunting. Don't like wild meat, for the most part

Also, since things have been a bit slow at the shop this spring, and my Toyota highlander needed an engine replaced, I took the time to do most of the grunt work myself. I had the assistance of a local mechanic to help when and where needed. This work was alright for a change, and now I don't feel quite so much dread when I look under the hood on that thing I used to do a lot of engine and gear transmission work (agricultural equipment) with my Dad, when I was 20 something, so I was not totally out of my element. But now I remember why I don't really like being a mechanic that much Gosh, talk about being stiff and sore! I'm not used to crawling around on the floor anymore
    First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

i here ya , i remember trying to do a tranny job on a jeep by myself , a few days later i had it towed to the car lot for a push drag and pull deal they had and traded it in , i hate auto mechanics

Page 2 of 11 1234