585,690 active members*
4,905 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > starting from the middle of a program

starting from the middle of a program

I am sure this is an easy one but I couldnt find an answer via the search feature. How after powering down the machine (due to lightning storm etc) in the middle of a program do I go about starting from the middle of my program, either from a tool change or a specific line?

Program Edit Mode>Type in Sequence Block #> Cursor Down. Memory Mode> Cycle Start.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Don't forget to turn "ON" setting 36 - "program restart"

That way it will read the entire program before it starts moving, so it knows where it was, rpm, coolant info, cutter comp, etc...

You will probably want to turn it "off" again, once you complete the program, and are ready to go from the beginning for future parts.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by WallyL7 View Post
    Don't forget to turn "ON" setting 36 - "program restart"...

...You will probably want to turn it "off" again, once you complete the program, and are ready to go from the beginning for future parts.
    You can leave Program Restart on all the time.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    You can leave Program Restart on all the time.

Yeah, but it isn't necessary, and from my experience isn't wanted on all the time. It adds moves that will irritate you if you are just starting from a specific tool, and not mid tool.
    Tim

Yea the HAAS is different from a Fanuc Control where I would do this proceedure.

Edit Mode insert Sequence Block where I want to start.

Go to the Beginning of that tool> Cycle Start and wait for all the necessary G-Modals are called. The edit mode again> search the sequence block I insert before> Then Memory Mode>Cycle Start Again.

The Fanuc will look a few blocks before then start where you want it too.

I really don't bother anymore unless it is a 3D on the Finish Tool. Just let it go.

There are usually too many other things going on to be bothered.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by WallyL7 View Post
    ... It adds moves that will irritate you...
    Yes if the restart point is at a tool change it will go back to the previous tool and then change to the tool you need. I just restart two lines below the M06 command; normally in my programs these two lines are just the M03 and G43 and it doesn't do this little shuffle back and forth..

I almost had a good crash because I had Restart turned off and of course when the machine fired up starting part way through a program it did not have the correct tool in place. Fortunately it was one of the few times I hit the correct button quickly enough.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

thanks guys, that was simple enough. I see now the machine will run from the line the cursor is on when exiting edit function and entering mem. I think I will leave setting 36 on as I would rather an extra tool change than starting with the wrong tool .

I do a lot of surfacing, so starting at the last tool often would take an extra minute (ok, even 10 seconds) for the program to read through. I am not patient enough to wait for it, so I prefer it off personally. I'm glad you got it figured out.
    Tim