584,862 active members*
5,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > Romi Bridgeport EZPATH-S DX 32 thread cycle problem

Romi Bridgeport EZPATH-S DX 32 thread cycle problem

Hi, my name is Peder and this is my first posting on this forum. I must say I find the forum very useful.

I am the proud owner of a 1997 Romi Bridgeport EZPATH-S with a DX 32 control.

I have a problem with the thread cycle, not the initial cycle which performs ok, but repeating the thread cycle is a problem.

When I repeat the cycle it misses the threads.

Have anyone come across this problem and have found a solution as to how I can solve it?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

BR//Peder (Norway)

"It misses the threads"

Hello Peder,

When you say you are repeating the cycle. What are you referring to? Is this the next part? Or are you repeating the cycle to cut the threads deeper? What exactly do you mean by misses the threads. I have the same machine.

Hi,it is when i repeat the cycle to cut the threads deeper! Have also discoverd that the spindle speed is 10-15% of. When i set the speed to
    500Rpm, the control say 500Rpm. But when i measure it, it is actually 512Rpm,and stable.
    Missing the threads: It dont hit the threads dead on,it hits the threads half a thread of. Havent don threads for some time,4months or so.And everything workt ok before.
    Best Regards.
    Peder
    Thanks for your Reply!

hiya peder.although, im new both to CNC,ing & this site i mayebe able to help.are you using a G76 multiple thread cutting cycle? & are you remembering to cancell your G96 constant speed surface.the problem could also be with your cutting speed being too low,although i dont know what material your machining,& the number of passes your using,also check your feedrate isnt too high or two low.you can check the pitch you require & set the feed rate accordingly

Are you starting from the same Z point?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi George, yes the start point is the same!
    Peder

Red face

Hi, I still struggle with my thread cycle/ spindle problem! Can anyone tell me how to go to/get in to Dos on a DX32 control? So that I can adjust the spindle parameter!
    Peder