584,830 active members*
5,655 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

3D Guitar Programmers Listing

I once stumbled over a website that offered a design service for string instruments in MasterCam, Solid Works, etc., for a fee. Can we provide a list of folks who can offer such CAD files. Service should include all geometry and tool paths to generate machine code, in addition to post processor used to run CAM controllers in use.
    My reason for this request is that it may help machine builders, software companies, parts suppliers, all down the line, sell more product and help ease new comers into the world of CNC Guitar Building.

cad/cam

I am interested in programming a guitar / bass and or parts. I have SW 2009, Esprit 2009 and Esprit Mold 2009. I would like to get a cad file and lay down some code for someone.

I do reverse-engineering and contract programming of guitar parts, among other things. Main production here is guitar parts for some larger manufacturers and high-end hand builders.

Depending on the customer's need and ability, I end up doing anything from 2D CAD all the way up through solid models and full toolpaths with fixture design (turnkey).

(And, yes, I know my website is horribly out of date...I've been too busy with work for two years to fix it!)

Bob Garrish
    Saint Lutherie
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    902-489-7865
    [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bodysim.jpg   necksim2.jpg   necksim.jpg  

This needs talking about

Can we resurrect dishawcues thread with a current date?

C'mon, I've got some serious impovements that can be done to the guitar.

Where's all the big brand name guitars? Where are you guys? This is a bonafied offer.

If you let me, I'll set up a line for you that will blow any guitar out of the water.

DONE!

You want the best you got the best.

You can't hike prices up to the moon anymore without justification. People are wise to that! $4000 for a brand new (not collectable) guitar is ridiculous.

I can come in way under that for a guitar that takes a month to build, without special concessions from hardware manufactures either, plus it'll put 'em in the meat grinder to boot. You won't knock that battery off my shoulder! You JUST won't. It can't be done!

I know what it's like to cut right though a loud live mix like butter (with less actual vol. than the other guy I might add), to play a power chord and feel the earth fall away beneath me, to solo with the clean channel and get heard, to play on the dirtiest settings with complete articulation. You don't get that do you? I know, I know, most people don't, and that's why I'm leaving the sales, the advertizing, the propaganda, and education in your court. Of course, I'll have some pointers, but that's really not my thing at all.

Take a look at the LP saga. GC buys 'em up and jacks up the prices. WTF!!!
    Yo! The older ones were better. Hey! Just a minute! Someone should hog tie you.

I'll build you a guitar that will justify those kind of prices and STILL be a bargain. Why? Because you simply can't put a price tag on THE BEST. If someone goes and charges you $4000 for a guitar, it had better be worth it.

Anyway, blah blah blah. You want programming. You want gcode. You want a wooden sign. Pay me and I'll make you a sign, program...whatever... But if you are as serious about building THE BEST GUITARS as I am, put me in charge of your Worlds Best Dept. and watch your company flourish. I need a career change, not just a one off, day to day, week to week, hand to mouth, dead end job with no benefits, or perks. I've had it!

Let me instruct your crew in the LOST ART of old school constuction by hand, married to todays streamlined cnc fabrication techniques to bring a product to the world market that is superior in every way, cheaper to build and buy, and moves down the line with speed, efficiency, and repeatability.

Give me a life and I'll give you the best.
    Will it be easy? Probably not, but that's my dream. Once this thing builds up a full head of steam though, NO ONE will be able to compete. I KNOW that because it IS that way NOW. You can't touch this - http://amgguitars.echoes.net/Index.html
    What I need from you is a good crew.

Peace out. Love you longtime. Thank you very much, good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Aufedersein. Chow. God bless.

Alex

CNC Guitar Building CAD/CAM Services

Thanks Alex for your reply in addition to others who have posted as well. I do my own geometry in a Cad program but certainly do not consider myself a expert or can offer a service to others.

I do know there are those who are very proficient in Cad design and it was my intention to start a list of prgrammers who can provide a service to those folks who have decided to enter into the CNC guitar building world.

I am not sure if this conflicts with any rules or regulations within this forum. I would like to start a list for those who can provide such a service and if this is in contrast to policy then I am sure it will be removed.

Please feel free to add to this list.

http://www.cnclutherie.com

http://www.saintlutherie.com/index.html Bob Garrish

http://amgguitars.echoes.net/Index.html Alex

[email protected] Bill Dewey

[email protected] Steve Arteman

Just wondering if anyone has been contacted by anyone here to do some programming/design. I have had one contact, and he has turned out to be a top notch guy. Thanks for the guitar fun.

Re: This needs talking about

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Guitars View Post

Where's all the big brand name guitars? Where are you guys? This is a bonafied offer.

If you let me, I'll set up a line for you that will blow any guitar out of the water.

DONE!

You can't hike prices up to the moon anymore without justification. People are wise to that! $4000 for a brand new (not collectable) guitar is ridiculous.

I can come in way under that for a guitar that takes a month to build, without special concessions from hardware manufactures either, plus it'll put 'em in the meat grinder to boot. You won't knock that battery off my shoulder! You JUST won't. It can't be done!

I know what it's like to cut right though a loud live mix like butter (with less actual vol. than the other guy I might add), to play a power chord and feel the earth fall away beneath me, to solo with the clean channel and get heard, to play on the dirtiest settings with complete articulation. You don't get that do you? I know, I know, most people don't, and that's why I'm leaving the sales, the advertizing, the propaganda, and education in your court. Of course, I'll have some pointers, but that's really not my thing at all.

I'll build you a guitar that will justify those kind of prices and STILL be a bargain. Why? Because you simply can't put a price tag on THE BEST. If someone goes and charges you $4000 for a guitar, it had better be worth it.

Anyway, blah blah blah. You want programming. You want gcode. You want a wooden sign. Pay me and I'll make you a sign, program...whatever... But if you are as serious about building THE BEST GUITARS as I am, put me in charge of your Worlds Best Dept. and watch your company flourish. I need a career change, not just a one off, day to day, week to week, hand to mouth, dead end job with no benefits, or perks. I've had it!

Let me instruct your crew in the LOST ART of old school constuction by hand, married to todays streamlined cnc fabrication techniques to bring a product to the world market that is superior in every way, cheaper to build and buy, and moves down the line with speed, efficiency, and repeatability.

Will it be easy? Probably not, but that's my dream. Once this thing builds up a full head of steam though, NO ONE will be able to compete. I KNOW that because it IS that way NOW. You can't touch this - 404 Not Found

Peace out. Love you longtime. Thank you very much, good night. Don't let the bed bugs bite. Aufedersein. Chow. God bless.

Alex
    http://amggtrs1.wixsite.com/amg-guitars

Folks, this is the new website. That old link is dead because my internet provider no longer provides webhosting. So to remedy this I went to WIX.
    Have a look.
    ~Alex

Quote Originally Posted by AMG Guitars View Post

DONE!

Will it be easy? Probably not, but that's my dream. Once this thing builds up a full head of steam though, NO ONE will be able to compete. I KNOW that because it IS that way NOW. You can't touch this - 404 Not Found

Alex
    http://amggtrs1.wixsite.com/amg-guitars

Folks,
    This is the new website. That old link is dead because my internet provider no longer provides webhosting. So to remedy this I went to WIX.
    Have a look.
    ~Alex

Hi, Alex,
    Just stumbled into this thread from the past,
    Cool stuff, real professional.services offered to the guitar world.
    When i get these requests i'll sent them to you.
    Keeping busy then?
    Brian O.
    P.S. Pict of
    This guy ate up the budget, couldn't finalize the design to go production,
    He could have had ten, if he could commit. zero now.
    Can't run a machine for free.
    Do you get this type work?
    Been doing this too long

Sure I'll cut some bodies out, if that's what they want. I never got a job offer like that. Those look pretty cool. To be honest, the only job I got from a guitar builder was for some pickguards. He wanted me to cut some for a prototype, which I did.
    But since you've been generous with the offer. I'll keep you in mind. What type of work could I throw your way?

Alex,
    This guy may want it in wood, Wood dust gunks up the Fadal coolant.
    I am doing hollowed alum billet . for NAMM 2018
    I will send him your way to do the wood body.
    After i verify all, I think the pickup pocket was too small
    I received a half good sldwrk file, and do not think one was ever made to the data
    Brian O
    Been doing this too long

Quote Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
    Alex,
    I received a half good sldwrk file, and do not think one was ever made to the data
    Brian O
    I'll keep an eye out for you. If I don't get slammed with another order I will be attending NAMM 2018. But not as a vendor. I'm at a good point that I don't need to go hunting for work right now.

Re: 3D Guitar Programmers Listing

I have been designing ukes and guitars for about 10 years now. I use Solidworks and have a linked 'master' design spreadsheet that I can drive all the design elements using the fret scale and width at the nut and bridge. Just about all the neck design features are linked to the spreadsheet as well. About the only thing I have to design any more is the styling people want on the head stock or electric bodies. From a simple change of the scale I have the assembly linked all the way to the CNC toolpaths. I will post some screen shots if I get permision from my customers.

Bostosh,
    I would totally love to go to NAMM. Is it in NYC at Javits this year? What's the price for a ticket, not for vendors just to look around?
    If you'd like one of those out of wood I'll need an iges file. Shoot, I'd even make one for you just to get out to the NAMM show as long as it's on the east coast. Email me at [email protected]
    Thanks,
    Alex
    Man, why does it always have to be in Anaheim?

Alex,
    Brian O
    This looks to me like a guitar designed specifically for changing pickups quickly. Is it for Seymour Duncan? No doubt, if you run this you should include a few extra pickguards where the pickups are mounted and a quick connector like a molex plug for the pickups connection.
    Alex

AMG
    NAMM is in Anaheim as usual.
    I have two of those bodies, and SSS, H-H pickguards.in aluminum and black acrylic.
    This is a special project for a client. to exhibit the internal structure patent in a Non-standard shape.
    Been doing this too long

Here's my latest - thanks for taking a look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails StardustGH3.jpg   StardustGH3back.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by vegasguitars View Post

Here's my latest - thanks for taking a look.
    How about more of the latest ! here is todays challenge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails today.JPG  
    Been doing this too long

How about more of the latest ! here is todays challenge
    Cool design!

Here's one of my recent original designs.

Page 1 of 2 12