585,733 active members*
4,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal VH65 4th Axis on E-Bay

Exclamation Fadal VH65 4th Axis on E-Bay

A lot of people post looking for one of these so I thought I'd let you know : Fadal VH65 4th Axis CNC Rotary Table with Tailstock and Control looks to be in good condition Model # VH65 Serial # 0571198. It looks to be a '98' if it follows Fadal's normal serialization. Here is the link, the auction is for about two and a half days more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/FADAL-VH65-CNC-6...QQcmdZViewItem

I have one already. Have no vested interest in this one on e-bay, nor do I know who had it, where it comes from, or anything else about it. It just looked like a nice one, so far selling cheap. So don't start with me about getting something out of it(nuts)

Steve

I was the one who "set the price" on that exact iten last time it was for sale, it is now relisted on ebay. It sold for $100 above my highest bid, I guess the winner didnt want it cuz its for sale again with the same seller. I hope I win it!! BTW, the pendent being sold in the same auction is a red herring, has nothing to do with the 4th axis, could be a rocking chair included for all I care.. The tal stock though is meant to be used with this 4th axis if you choose to..

Quote Originally Posted by Scanfab View Post
    I was the one who "set the price" on that exact iten last time it was for sale, it is now relisted on ebay. It sold for $100 above my highest bid, I guess the winner didnt want it cuz its for sale again with the same seller. I hope I win it!! BTW, the pendent being sold in the same auction is a red herring, has nothing to do with the 4th axis, could be a rocking chair included for all I care.. The tal stock though is meant to be used with this 4th axis if you choose to..
    Carefull there is a bidder who is willing to hit 4K that will be bidding on that tomorrow. You can get a reman for 4K from cncpros.com or fadalcnc.com
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I agree with carbide...

...if you can get a re manufactured for 4k. $2500-2750 yes on the ebayer... otherwise, I'd call on the re builders.
    Steve

I got it, the same one I bid on two weeks ago. This time came $1200 cheaper than my bid back then. Needed also the tailstock, thus I'm a happy campe-machinist.. If anyone needs the pendant shown on the auction, contact me, will be cheap! Dont need it..

Great!

:banana:Let us know if it is as good as it looks. Are you going to have to wire it up and get a driver board or are you already setup for one? I bought mine ready to go with the machine, but I am interested in what it takes to install one.
    Steve

A while back-months ago, I tried to get a 4th axis off ebay, but wasnt lucky enough. The guy said he would never use a fourth axis, just came with machine. I asked well then, can you sell the servo disconnect set? Yes he said, what does it take to remove... I looked in one of my machines and then gave up, I wouldnt be able to run him through it :too much **** to do...

I have two machines with the DC servo kit, this will go into one of them. One machine has right now the VH165 AC setup going.

I got it, the same one I bid on two weeks ago. This time came $1200 cheaper than my bid back then. Needed also the tailstock, thus I'm a happy campe-machinist.. If anyone needs the pendant shown on the auction, contact me, will be cheap! Dont need it..
    i will buy it, pm me your number and price.

Also I need a 4th axis wish I would have saw that one, is it true that Fadal sells them for 4 k? like the one above?

Smile Not from Fadal...

...see what Carbidecrater's posted below I believe he said CNCpros and fadalcnc. I am buying good used tool holders off ebay right now, I'm trying to get around an extra 100 holders so I can have them preset for quick setups. If I see any more there I'll PM you Delw. This is the second in two weeks I've seen.

Steve

Not to sound like a greedy bastard, but I still need to buy one MORE 4th axis, DC model. I now have one AC and the ebay one on its way. I use them in longterm production(40,000 parts last year)-my whole livelyhood is made on them.

Having said that, I will be interested when one comes on the market BUT I have no interest in engaging a bidding war against other forum members. Give me a heads up on what your situation is-your price range and so on so we dont bid against each other...

Some places offer re-man 4th axis for around $4000 but I have yet to find one that actually has one now for sale. Fadalcnc.com (I think, can check) has 2 DC models for sale @ normal list price of $7000/pc.

Greedy bastard signing out...

P.S. greedy, but also a good loser...

I won't bid on ebay that place blows cause you never know what your going to get, I have bought tens of thousands of dollars in tooling off there before 2001 and only got screwed 2 times once for 11k and once for 9k. all for inspection equipment. my whole inspection dept. was bought on ebay up until those 2 incidences.

I will check with the people you listed for the 4th axis thanks.

and scanfab I am interested in that pendant.

Smile Delw,

I agree with you on ebay. Its a crap shoot. I've spent about 60k there, but learned by an earlier small purchase burn to be careful. Most of that 60K was on two machines. One was within driving range, so I went and saw it. Two other were on the other side of the country and I had to fly to see them. Of those one was worn out and not what it was advertised and I'm glad I did not buy it! The other was a fair buy so I got it. It is a hassel to find the time to hop a plane and go look at them.
    Most tooling like holders are good, but I've learned to buy only name brands after finding the runout on knock offs to be so bad. Also I'm buying only good brand pull studs.
    Steve

Winning bid with just 6 seconds left. Just lucky or do you use some sort of software for that?

Lucky.. Success comes from luck one could say, bet I've noticed the harder I work, the luckier I am..

I have a count down timer in my phone, I set it for 1 min and start when the ebay count down is 1 min 10 secs. Then when my phone starts to chime, (im watching it count down) I press my last confirm for my bid(with 5-10 secs to spare)

It only works if no one is willing to bid higher than you, but what it does do is does NOT let another guy rethink his highest bid(second guess to bid higher)
    and rebid accordingly.

Got lucky though on this one!!

EBAY fadal 4th axis arrived today, within 20 mins well made crate was opened and shiny 4th axis with tail stock breathing Texas air. I tried it on two of my machines with DC servo dis-connect cards and all worked like a charm.

I also bought a Yuasa 5th axis deal with its own controller, runs I guess off Mcodes to next programmed position. Should arrive next week. Retails for close to $30,000, bought for $3600.

I got the fadal pendant with the 4th axis, I looked at it today, and the elect plug looks like it is missing the pins or sockets that SHOULD be in there. Is this correct?! Or is it as I think, a boat anchor(for very small boat)..

I ...

...wondered what that Yuasa 5th axis would sell for.
    "the fadal pendant with the 4th axis, I looked at it today, and the elect plug looks like it is missing the pins or sockets that SHOULD be in there."
    It may not need all of the pins, maybe Neal knows??:stickpoke
    Steve