584,812 active members*
5,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PTC Pro/Manufacture > ProManufacturing Question

Hybrid View

ProManufacturing Question

Does anyone know if ProNC has the ability to hide CL retract lines when running Play path, CL Data Input or CL Data Display?

ProNC

Could you elaborate a little more on the problem you are having? Do you want to hide them? Or are you just not seeing them when you play the path?

Hammer

ProNC

I am interested in only displaying the cutters engagement with the stock not the retract, approach or exit moves.
    Softwares such as PowerMill enable you to toggle on/off the display of these lines.

Answer to question

I have been a Pro-NC user since 1999, and I do not know of any way to turn off the CL simulation moves. I have also asked several of my comrades here at work, and they concurred. DelCam is a different animal all together. You can however place a call to 1-800-prohelp as long as your company has a maintenance agreement with PTC. If there is a way to do it, they will know how.

Hammer

Thanks for your help.
    Do you know if there are ProNC user guides available anywhere. I found that the PTC online help is fairly vague in detail for the issues I have researched.

Trying to find any significant info on Pro-nc is very tough. You can try the Schroff Development website. They publish and sell books related to CAD CAM applications. They are about the best I have found for Pro-NC.

Sure

You can change the color of these line to match your background color.
    Under mfg set-up; cl set-up (not sure of exact location) you can set the color based on fed-rate. Hope this helps