585,975 active members*
4,697 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help With DNC on FANUC OMD

I am using Predator Editor for DNC communications.

I can send a file and I can receive a file. When I try to DNC ( drip feed ) It doesn't work.

I set the machine up to receive and get a LFK

I wait at the predator side and nothing happens. I messed around with some of the hand shaking and I just can't get it to do anything.

This machine was running with DNC on an older version of predator, I recently upgraded it and now I can't get it working. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Have you tried calling Predator or Bob for help???

A buddy of mine bought the Predator DNC package but never got it to work. We tried everything including Calling both Predator and Bob. No one could help.

I have a strange feeling that it has something to do with the Licensing through Bob.

Eventually my buddy got a refund for his Bob Software and switched to NC Plot for DNC.

www.ncplot.com

I really don't know if there is any help for this but maybe. Keep trying.

BTW: What else have you tried besides the handshaking and what type of device are you using for the transfer, USB Adapter??

Have you adjusted the Baud, Parity, Com Port, and Stop Bits?
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Exclamation No Drip Feed

I can send a file.

I can receive a file.

I don't want to buy any other software. I had predator working on an older copy, it's just that a did an upgrade and now things are not working for DNC Drip Feeding only.

I am looking for feed back from people that are using this controller or have in the past.

I have a call into Predator.

Thanks for the link on NC Plot I have looked at it in the past.

Do you get a kick back from NC Plot? I see you pug them a lot.

To the DNC software, it's the same whether you're drip-feeding or downloading to CNC memory. Basically, the DNC software should begin sending when "triggered", and it should handshake using Xon/Xoff or RTS/CTS until the program is sent. Normally, the DNC software does not know if you are downloading or drip-feeding.

Sounds to me like you're pressing CYCLE START on the machine before the DNC software is ready to send. On most CNCs, you go to DNC mode, then press CYCLE START. At that point, the CNC will send an Xon code to the DNC system, which should begin sending data. If you press CYCLE START on the machine first, then go to the DNC side and send the file, the DNC software may still be waiting for the Xon, but the CNC has already sent it. Be sure to get the DNC system ready to send first, THEN press CYCLE START.

I don't know about Predator because we sell PC-DNC Editor and PC-DNC Plus. The priciple should be the same, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen123 View Post
    Do you get a kick back from NC Plot? I see you pug them a lot.
    Nope!! If I got a kick back from everyone I recommend I wouldn't be sitting at a PC working, LOL.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com