585,991 active members*
6,445 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Is this a bug?

I have attached an example file and the resulting posted code as well as the generic post that is loaded with X3.

I am experiencing a funny XY move when the B axis move crosses over from B- toward B+. When it hits B0 it makes a funny XY move that gouges the part.

I discovered that if I go to the "Swarf5ax" tab in the operation and change the "Step increment" value to anything other than the default .050 then the posted G code does not fall on B0 and I don't get the funny XY gouge move.

Seems to me that I am always taking a chance every time I post a job that the B move may fall on B0 and I would get a gouged part.

Is this a bug? Try reproducing this error with the sample part I have attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Why don't you just change the operation default values to what you know will work. Then everytime you invoke the problem operation it will come up with values you find favorable, leaving you one less thing to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonz View Post
    Why don't you just change the operation default values to what you know will work. Then everytime you invoke the problem operation it will come up with values you find favorable, leaving you one less thing to worry about.
    I'm concerned that no matter what value I enter in the step value I will always be taking a chance that the B axis will land on B0 and produce this error XY move, ultimately gouging my part. So far my Mastercam dealer has not found an answer to the problem.

Ronald tell Trevor to talk with John Summers or tell him to look for John's posting on this on the Mastercam forum.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .