585,973 active members*
4,198 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Uncategorised CAD Discussion > Alibre CAM - User Info and maybe an Online Get Together

Alibre CAM - User Info and maybe an Online Get Together

Hi All,

I've owned Alibre Design and Alibre Cam for about a year now. I really enjoy the CAD side and am getting pretty good with it.

The CAM side however has been giving me fits. I've been using Dolphin CAM. It's only 2.5d but it has many nice features, tho when I get into parts that I have to do multiple orientations on it get's a little bit harder. I'd like to start using Alibre CAM for some of my more 3d parts that are a bit harder to path out in 2.5d but I just am having a few issues.

I've been going thru the tutorial, which helps, but i'd like to see some more hands on stuff and some live examples where we could ask questions.

That intro being said, here's the question. Who has been having good luck with Alibre CAM and can you tell us some more about it?

Even more to the point, would someone possibly be willing to hold some virtual hands on sessions where you show us what you can do with it? I'd be willing to host a session or 3 <grin> using GoToMeeting. I think it can have a total of 16 attendees all at once and you could show those of us who want to know more how to do things with Alibre CAM.

Alibre doesn't provide any live training for CAM yet, so I figured that this was a good way for ACAM users to maybe get together and help each other.

Anyway, it's an idea.

What do you all think?

Wade

Have you tried the Alibre and MechSoft WebSites for help??
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Of course. There is nothing like a live hands on session with examples and watching the mouse move. I have gone thru tutorials and manuals. I just need some hands on stuff which is why I came up with this option. Mecsoft does no support for ACAM. It is all done by Alibre, and alibre doesn't have a live training session available for the CAM, only for the CAD. So, if someone is really good with Alibre CAM, this is a way for us all to benefit.

Wade

If you need immediate help

Mecsoft does support Alibre Cam here

http://www.mecsoft.com/phpbb/index.p...33a0eecf0740a5

There is also a Visual Mill Forum Here

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

I'm sure that if you ask someone will help you in these areas.

According to the MecSoft Support Group AlibreCam is no longer supported. Any questions will have to be asked at the Alibre Site or Directly by phone to Alibre Inc.

Sorry for any confusion on this matter.

I will post a Sticky to this Forum indicating this Information

Thank You.

I do not use Visual Mill at this time.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Toby,

From the last thread in teh Mecsoft Alibre CAM forum, it appears that Mecsoft has deferred all Alibre CAM support to Alibre and aren't doing any direct support themselves.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelHenry View Post
    Toby,

From the last thread in teh Mecsoft Alibre CAM forum, it appears that Mecsoft has deferred all Alibre CAM support to Alibre and aren't doing any direct support themselves.

Mike
    Have you tried calling them directly to ask??
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    Have you tried calling them directly to ask??

No, that's why I wrote "appears".

I did call them. All support is thru Alibre.

Somehow this thread got off topic.

Is there anyone who has been really successful with Alibre CAM would would volunteer to be the presenter for an online session?

Thanks,
    Wade

Quote Originally Posted by wwendorf View Post
    I did call them. All support is thru Alibre.

Somehow this thread got off topic.

Is there anyone who has been really successful with Alibre CAM would would volunteer to be the presenter for an online session?

Thanks,
    Wade
    Have you tried looking for a Contractor to help you? I imagine you could find someone. It might be worth the investment.

If you have updated Maintenance you can always do the Online Chat with Tech Support at Alibre.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

If you setup a training session count me in. I have had only limited success with ACAM