585,758 active members*
4,532 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: optimize it

optimize it

ok so i've attached a solid model of a sample version of a part my employer is quoting a machine cell for. the customer wants a little less than a million of these a year.
    so, anyone with a bit of free time who would like to have a quick crack at an optimized programing of this would help me out a bit for comparison. our machines are specialty micro vmc and as such we do things that are really different from macro machines, and i am pretty curiose to find out if my production rates are going to be competitive at this production scale.
    even just a spitball time per part and parts per run would be cool.
    thanks for any input
    Attached Files Attached Files

to be able to do what you want need to know how you are holding it.
    we need to know about the machine horsepower spindle max speed vertical ,horz.
    what types of tools. we know that it is 303 ss.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

I would like to know why i can preveiw the file, and not load it in with out get a

Error " Cannot find parasolid data in the solidworks file"?

Cad is correct cant help with work holding and tool config. if we don't know how you going to hold or what tools you want to use.

Is it a welded part, is it going to be cut out of solid SS?