585,978 active members*
4,508 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mazatrol T32-2J Bus Error

We have a Mazak QT8 CNC Lathe that we recently purchased and has probably been in storage for some time now. When I first powered up the machine the control gave a title screen that said Mazatrol T32-2J. In the upper left hand corner in small letters it gave a Bus Error , Error at or near $00493096.

This morning I powered the machine up and it appears to have the usual Mazatrol screen but we get no response from the control. The hydraulic pump does not come on and nothing operates.

The control is a FCA 325L2NJ-1. On board MC116, we have 2 red and 2 green led's (Top red, 2nd and 3rd green, 4th red, 5th off). On MC616 the first 2 led's are red and bottom 2 are off. On MC712, the bottom LED flashes green.

Would anyone have an idea as to what is going on with this control and what should we do at this point? Is the memory lost on the control and should we perform a memory clear and re-initialization on the control or do we have a deeper problem?

Thank you,

Gary

Having same alarm (Bus Error). Did you ever find out what was the cause?
    Thanks

Re: Mazatrol T32-2J Bus Error

Quote Originally Posted by BAUMACH View Post
    Having same alarm (Bus Error). Did you ever find out what was the cause?
    Thanks
    Hello.,
    hello, I have the same effect on a t32-b

- - - Updated - - -

hello, I have the same effect on a t32-b

Well, we have several of these little QT8 CNC Lathe's and I've had several of these errors over the years. If you have the exact situation listed above, I would first try re-seating the card in the control. Just pop them out and back in a couple of times and see if the control will respond. We have one lathe in particular that we will almost always have to re-seat the cards if it sits a little while. However, I don't remember the light configuration on the control with this problem. I'm pretty sure the light configuration that I listed in the original post turned out to be a dead control. If your machine has sat for awhile or the battery has gotten weak and died the control will die and will have to be re-initialized. Do you know how to re-initialize the control? If not, respond back and I will get you the information you need.

Hi, can you pass me the information to restart my qt8 t32-b, thanks.

Hi,
    Having the same problem. Did you get it figured out?