585,930 active members*
3,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > 6'x10' cnc build, what linear rail setup to use

6'x10' cnc build, what linear rail setup to use

Should I use dual rails or single rails. Which would you recommend. Oh and I had a computer burn out and lost all my links for linear rails if anyone has some good places to get decent prices I would appreciate if you send some links my way.

David

Hi,

Since you're in the US i'd advice you to check http://automation4less.com/ they sell overstock HiWin linear rails, they have cheap rolled ballscrews, Tslot Al extrusions, VFDs & today they added servo motors but these ain't cheap.

The site is cool because you don't need to RFQ, you just need to set up an account even with a fake email address & they don't ask for billing info, once logged in you can see all the detailed prices of the products, it's great to help you figure out the aprox total cost of the build.

Go see for your self !

EDIT: check this one too they seem to be the same but they have combos http://www.automation-overstock.com/...ies.asp?cat=56

Regards,
    cnc2.

yup went there and the price is the same for a dual rail of two small rails as opposed to one large rail.