585,906 active members*
3,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Plasma, EDM / Waterjet Machines > Waterjet General Topics > Anyone working with a Portable CNC plasma cutter?

Anyone working with a Portable CNC plasma cutter?

Hello,

I am working at a small production facility in Surinam (South America), and I'm interested in buying a portable CNC Plasma Cutter.

Does anyone have any info about a portable plasma cutter like the:
    - Steeltailor (www.steeltailor.com)
    - Hycut (www.hycut.cn

Please help me,

Regards,

Nascom N.V.
    Paramaribo - Surinam (South Amerika)

No torch height control so your limited on only thicker plates.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Quote Originally Posted by nascom n.v. View Post
    Hello,

I am working at a small production facility in Surinam (South America), and I'm interested in buying a portable CNC Plasma Cutter.

- Hycut (www.hycut.cn

Please help me,

Regards,

Nascom N.V.
    contactame [email protected]

hy cut portable plasma cutting machine

Quote Originally Posted by nascom n.v. View Post
    Hello,

- Hycut (www.hycut.cn

Please help me,

Regards,

Nascom N.V.
    hi
    regarding the hy cut 1225 model , ive had it for 6 months now a few teething problems you must have a plasma machine with air start not hi frequency start . we fried the the first one to much hi frequency feed back . since then no real drama's . if you can afford the automatic height control ,do it you wont regret it . as for the software fastcam , iam still coming to terms with it , most of my drawings are done in intelocad or autocad07 then imported into fastcam . i use it nearly every day now , i dont have to worry about the guys drilling holes in the wrong place , or plates not matching . it saves me heaps of time on plate & sheet work .

hope ive been of help to you
    kind regards
    des henderson
    DJ Welding & Services
    Townsville Nth queensland
    Australia

Hycut has a youtube channel. Their new model comes with a THC. Here is a video of it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ02V2x3tZo"]YouTube - Plasma cutting with THC on wave plate[/ame]

That is reat that they added THC control but man is that thing painfully slow. If they really want a good presentation they have to show speed. It would take all day to do what we can do in just 1/2hr with a USA built unit.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

I'd imagine at least part of the "slow is to keep that cantilevered design from bouncing around like a spring.

The dross left behind on the bottom side of the cut part indicates the speed & possibly other parameters isn't just right also.

I hate to knock the unit as I don't have any hands on with one. Plus the fact, it's just about as cheap as you could get mechanized cutting.
    If it works.....Don't fix it!

For myself if i were to make a video of a "portable" cnc plasma i would film a truck backing in, unload the unit, set it up and start cutting, unless there are other videos of that part i didnt see. I agree the speed looks slow and probly because at 150 or 200 ipm it would start walking across the floor, the wirering job leaves alot to be desired also. Personally i'd keep my table stationary and the 4x8 sheets and parts i cut portable.

EDD