584,829 active members*
4,865 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Pipework

Pipework

Hi All, I'm in a factory that runs two large waterjet machines and we constantly have problems of leaks from pipework (elbows mainly). I wonder if anyone has had similar problems and found a unique solution like replacing all the high pressure pipes to have the minimal number of fittings on, or a great tool for honing and threading pipe that was foolproof ( we currently use some quality tools in a battery drill for honing and threading, but I'd prefer a decent hand tool set)

Re: Pipework

The cone and seat part are critical. We use tools from Alfi waterjet they sell a quality kit. When assembling your high pressure parts it's important to have a minimum off three threads showing after the nut otherwise you won't get the compression on the pipe.

- - - Updated - - -

The cone and seat part are critical. We use tools from Alfi waterjet they sell a quality kit. When assembling your high pressure parts it's important to have a minimum off three threads showing after the nut otherwise you won't get the compression on the pipe.