585,971 active members*
4,306 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hardinge T51 turret problem

I am new to this, But need help.
    I have a hardinge T51 Conquest Model CS-51 serial number CLT-456-CBB.
    We turned the machine and was homing it out and hit a snag.
    The turret will turn and not stop, untill we hit reset. Maintenance replaced a prox sensor in the turret, that is now working but the turret will not always change stations. And some times will not clamp properly. I hit the Home key and Turret1 key it spins slowly until I see it line up a coolant passage and hit reset, It will stop. Then I can get it to clamp Hitting home,turret1 and OT key. After this I can get it to go to any station properly but the automatic light will not light and the home light flashes. I can rehome the machine but no auto lite. If we turn it off and back on the same problem again.
    No other errors but unclamp (alarm) 1003 when the turret is changed stations it is off again.
    Hardinge has been no help yet, But its like a Mori Seiki we had that lost No1 position on the turret. It was easyier to fix.
    I was told that the Harding used the prox. sensor to find the right position
    and clamp properly.

It sounds like a prox switch problem in the clamp/unclamp setup. I don't know much about Hardinge, what type of servo control does it use for the turret rotation? it may need to be retaught for the home position

Smile T51

Thanks

I finally found someone at Hardinge that would not send me around and around.
    I had to hit System key,Diag,PMC,PMCDGN. type X9 search.
    watch X0009 bit 7 1 for clamp 0 unclamp.
    As turret spins bit 4 never changed.
    We found the new sensor was flashing but would not send a signal out.
    Repaced sensor again and the system is up.
    The tech at Hardinge told me if all we did is replace the sensor and did not remove anything else, We would not have to reteach.

Glad you fixed the problem. Hardinge tech help has always been good for me. We have several Hardinges, mostly 42's, but one 51. I like the 51 the best because of the extra room between the tailstock and main spindle. Seems like a mile when compared to the 42s!!

I think you will enjoy the machine. Are you using the Hardinge Safe Index programs? I put them in 9001, 9002, 9003 and 9004 and set the parameters to call them with M91, M92, M93 and M94. This is for the ones with subspindles. Obviously only need the first 2 for the tailstock lathes.

With any kind of luck you will have the Macro B option. Lots of fun! :banana::banana:

Thanks
    yes we do, Love the machine very reliable.