584,812 active members*
5,303 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help Biesse Rover 13

Hello,

I`m a newbie in the world of cnc. I bought a used Biesse Rover 13 from 1996, removed the transport clampingbrackets (just 2 instead of 3 the manual shows) installed the machine but when I turn it on, the display show: ALARM - err 3 Machine in Emergency. The Z-axis isn`t moving and still laying on the workingtable.

What do I have to do, or better how do I get the machine starting?

Best regards

Alex

I work on rover 23 from 1999...Can you start calibration process? Pressure is connected and valve open? Im shooting in the dark here, dont know how similar machines are

is air supply at 100psi?
    air leaks ie hiss anywhere?

can you make global reset on controller?
    do you have operation manual?

Machine in Emergency references you should troubleshoot your 24v DC emergency electrical circuit. Could be just a breaker, contactor, thermal overlaod, wire, etc. You have to get the green start light to be able to move the machine, this circuit enables the green start light. Next, your router on the table, if the "Z" axis is on a limit switch you will have to get it off the switch in order to reference / home the machine.

Hope this Helps

Mark T.

www.cnccustomservices.com

Hello majstor76,

When I turn the mainswitch on, I push te green startbutton, then press stop, then reset, then clear. At that time there is`nt any failure on the screen.The vacuumpump starts running, the calibrationproces begins, but the router still stays down on the beams, it won`t come up. After several seconds the screen shows again: err 3 and alarm.

Regards

Alex

@Markt and batwell,

Could it be the problem that I have not enough power/amps on my electric system in the workshop, it`s an 380/400volt system with 3 fases, 16amps fuse and I discovered that one of the fuses is breaking down when the machine is starting callibrating.

Do you have manual? There should be electrical REQ of the machine

First rule out if the "Z" axis is on it's limit switch. The switchs look like a small wheels ( either 2 or 3) sticking out of a little box. As the axis moves up or down, the approriate switch (wheel) will ride up a small ramp. If any of your wheels are setting on a down ramp, the machine will not home until you get it off the ramp.
    The auto transofromer on the machine should accomondate any 3 phase voltage from 200-600 volts. Amps is another issue. I will be working on a Rover20 this week so i can confirm, however I am relatively sure that machine needs to be on a 30-40 amp service. Maybe more.

Hope this helps!

Mark T.

www.cnccustomservices.com

my 321 runs on a 32amp outlet.
    230volt 3 phase in uk.
    like mark says double check your z axis hasnt gone onto limit switch if in doubt you can turn motor by hand with the machine powered off.
    also check you have no air leaks before powering up. my 321 has a pneumatic z axis park which sometimes sticks if the control solenoid doesnt quite shut off. this is best checked with the vacuum pump switched off so you can hear the hiss.

if you go to manual movement can you jog the x y and z axis around?
    if not press the overide axis button and try again, should let you jog off limit switch. you need the machine switched on and vac pump running to do this

The Z axis has a mechanical brake, if your machine was standing for sometime these have a tendency to stick which would cause your drive for the Zaxis to show an alarm for "over current" maybe explaining your alarm message. Normaly a sharp tug (anticlockwise) with an Hex key in one of the bolts of the pulley for the motor is enough to free it.
    Your power supply is not enough for this machine either 32amp 3ph is border line 45amp 3ph is more preferable, hope this helps

Re: Need Help Biesse Rover 13

hola tengo problemas para encontrar el manual electrico si lo tiene podria hacerme una copia o enviarmelo por pdf por fav.
    puedo pagarlo si es necesario

tengo uno

Hello Alex,

I have a Biesse Rover 13s and I want to turn it on, but it have been working for at least 10 years and I dont have the manual of the machine.
    Please could you send me.

Best regards,

Alejandro

Hi Alejandro,
    my machine has a control panel NC400 if yours is with the same please write me an email to which I will send you the instructions for operating the machine.

Greetings Petev

Quote Originally Posted by peteviko View Post
    Hi Alejandro,
    my machine has a control panel NC400 if yours is with the same please write me an email to which I will send you the instructions for operating the machine.

Greetings Petev

Thank you Petev, my email is [email protected]