585,932 active members*
3,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Think im going to get a X4... any thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12

Think im going to get a X4... any thoughts?

Been trolling around for a while now and i think im going to get a x4. the x4 plus is on sale from syil so i might just do that. I was also looking at the cnc jr. but it seems a lil pricey. I was also looking at the KX3-MACH from harbor freight. Cant seem to make up my mind. Help me out here. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by simila95 View Post
    Been trolling around for a while now and i think im going to get a x4. the x4 plus is on sale from syil so i might just do that. I was also looking at the cnc jr. but it seems a lil pricey. I was also looking at the KX3-MACH from harbor freight. Cant seem to make up my mind. Help me out here. Thanks
    call syilamerica.i think x4/x4 plus....price better..hehe
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Ataxy seems to like his X4, he points out some of the + and -'s here.
    http://www.hossmachine.info - Gosh, you've... really got some nice toys here. - Roy Batty -- http://www.g0704.com - http://www.bf20.com - http://www.g0602.com

Quote Originally Posted by simila95 View Post
    Been trolling around for a while now
    Hi simila95. Welcome to the Zone!

I HOPE you have not been trolling. Trolling is not a GOOD thing on a forum. I think you mean lurking.

Have you checked out the Novakon NM-135? It's a KX3 type machine only better. $5K ready-to-go including stand. It can be had CNC ready with stand, motors and cables (You provide your own drive electronics) for only $3600.

http://novakon.net/3.html

CR.

Actually i was checking that one out last night. The X4 is still a lil cheaper after said and done with the 4th axis and cooling system. Im all for spending a little more money for a better machine. 4th axis on the syil is 500. and 1000 on the 135. coolant system is a little more to. Gonna do a lot more "lurking" 1st. I run a indoor skatepark and always say trolling cause they are lil kids aka trolls. I had to look up the definition and see what you were talkin about. Haha yea im not doin that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevice Reamer View Post
    Hi simila95. Welcome to the Zone!

I HOPE you have not been trolling. Trolling is not a GOOD thing on a forum. I think you mean lurking.

Have you checked out the Novakon NM-135? It's a KX3 type machine only better. $5K ready-to-go including stand. It can be had CNC ready with stand, motors and cables (You provide your own drive electronics) for only $3600.

http://novakon.net/3.html

CR.

Please note that the STAND is included in price of Novakon, as are the 3/4" heavy duty ball screws and Industrial duty N34 motors on each axis. The Novakon is a better design than X4 IMO.

Don't base everything on 4th axis cost. You can always ADD the 4th Axis later. And Flood cooling is really not much good without an enclosure. (Coolant splatters everywhere) Everything else is basically a pump and a tank--About $50. Oh, did you think you will get by with the cute little table top enclosure? Most everyone so far has REMOVED that for better table use.

CR.

I'm looking into a new mill and I was so set on Syil, read some very negative posts about the quality, turned me away big time.

Going to be going with Novakon in the future.

-Jason

Question

SpeedCustom,

Did you every get the problems worked out with your Taig and EMC2?

What solved it?

We never heard back from you!

JoeyB
    A doughnut a day keeps the doctor away.

I forgot to mention the spindle speed difference: Novakon NM-135 is 6000 RPM. a bit better for small endmills and cutting Aluminum. More powerful spindle MOTOR also.

CR.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    SpeedCustom,

Did you every get the problems worked out with your Taig and EMC2?

What solved it?

We never heard back from you!

JoeyB

I narrowed it down to Computer/EMC2 set-up.

I ended up reducing the scale of the part by about 50% and it cut perfectly. It's still very tedious at 50%. So the computer and emc2 are not talking well with each other.

I also second what CR said. I saw the spindle RPm and it also really impressed me.

-Jason

to compare our sales quantity,the forum post negative thread still reasonable.
    mostly syil customer works them machine very well.also,i check it every day,mostly problem focus on sx3,also,i think mostly solve the problems.
    X4 regular still best choice at this kind price under 4000$.you don`t need take other parts to assmable,just connect PC and run.why need buy a lot of things from third party?
    i have KX3 in my hand.kx1,too. the mainboard from sieg.then use a USA made face board or spindle board to connect..if have issue of quality,who take care it.

mention kx3 spindle 6000rpm.we test it too,when run around one hour the temp very high around 75c~80c.in fact our x4 run this speed also similar temp.so we are in redesign spindle to make a real high speed spindle.
    also..someone look like forgot we have x4 speed master,24000rpm..
    they never use x4 machine before but just image it badly...and any customer willing to take x4,they will point others.

hope simila95 make a correct choice.

I have thought about getting an X4 but the Syil America site says $4995 for the price still. Where do I get one at the price you are saying?

I believe that Syil needs to have a bigger distributor for the products. On several occasions, I have treid to contact the Syil america office for parts and get no response. You certainly will not sell many machines this way.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    I narrowed it down to Computer/EMC2 set-up.

I ended up reducing the scale of the part by about 50% and it cut perfectly. It's still very tedious at 50%. So the computer and emc2 are not talking well with each other.

-Jason
    Jason, Did you ever try Mach at all with your mill?

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post
    I have thought about getting an X4 but the Syil America site says $4995 for the price still. Where do I get one at the price you are saying?

I believe that Syil needs to have a bigger distributor for the products. On several occasions, I have treid to contact the Syil america office for parts and get no response. You certainly will not sell many machines this way.

4995$ it is X4 plus
    3995$ for X4 regular

yes,syilamerica in last some time have problem with them phone system.right now have been ok i think.
    they just have shipment arrive,i don`t think they don`t want to sell,and lose business,right?
    so,keep contact them.
    here it is info
    http://www.syilamerica.com/catalog/i...pue0t3f7vnise5

Quote Originally Posted by cjdavis618 View Post

Did not get around to it. Will be trying it soon though.

-Jason

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    4995$ it is X4 plus
    3995$ for X4 regular

yes,syilamerica in last some time have problem with them phone system.right now have been ok i think.
    they just have shipment arrive,i don`t think they don`t want to sell,and lose business,right?
    so,keep contact them.
    here it is info
    http://www.syilamerica.com/catalog/i...pue0t3f7vnise5

I'll take your word for it, but this was an e-mail and phone contact attempt over a 2 month period.

When is the larger mill going to be marketed here. The X7 I believe it is. I see the X6 on the Syil America site, but do you know if they have any in the US yet?

I would like to have a larger mill than my current X3 and am getting ready to buy soon. Having an X4 with the same work envelope is not my preferred choice really. Right now I'm leaning toward the Tormach or Mikini Mill. Or getting a knee mill and doing a conversion.

Jason, I hate to see that you have been punished so hard with your problems. That Xylotex kit that you bought from me and then I bought back from you... It is running great on a CNC plasma table right now. I know you were very frustrated with both the Xylotex and the G540 (I read your other posts today) but brother, I would have rather paid for your Mach license and had you running months ago that to let you have the fits you have had with your mill. There is a chance that it wouldn't have worked any better. But we can certainly say at this point it hasn't by not trying it.

I know you wanted to run EMC2 because it was "Free". But think about how much time you have you have wasted trying to get it to work and wouldn't even try another software.

I am not a Mach3 fanatic, don't get me wrong. But it works, and very well. It has some bugs, (like any software) and it has good support to help solve it. If the money was the only thing keeping you from it, then I believe you have paid thousands of times over in grief than the small price of it. The trial version will let you run some code to test it. You could.... post the portions of the code that give you trouble and try that at least with the trial.

Regardless, I really think you should try Mach before you sell the other mill. And if you do sell it and get another machine. You might be better served having it come with the PC preconfigured for your mill to save the headaches. I know it will cost, but you could get right to work.

Well, I still am going to try Mach 3 So it's not out the window.

I wouldn't be getting rid of the mill for few months anyway, and it's not a question anymore of just that part. I need a larger mill.

I came back a few weeks ago when I was making a part an the machine went hay-wire and I found the z-axis to be bent degree. Chewed my bits up, so that was scary to see

-Jason

Question

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedsCustom View Post
    Well, I still am going to try Mach 3 So it's not out the window.

I wouldn't be getting rid of the mill for few months anyway, and it's not a question anymore of just that part. I need a larger mill.

I came back a few weeks ago when I was making a part an the machine went hay-wire and I found the z-axis to be bent degree. Chewed my bits up, so that was scary to see

-Jason
    What do you mean it is "BENT"?

That sounds brutal.

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

I came back and from the looks, the spindle drove into my vise and kept pushing on to where it actually pushed the z-axis all the way down to the table....That bolt is tight too. Scary stuff.

-Jason

Jason, is this the one you're selling? I just didn't see a mention of that in there-
    Dave->..

Well the other reason i was lookin at syil was because of the c6 cnc lathe that they have now. I would be nice and easy to make one purchase but thats just me being lazy. The Novakon mill is a baby. I need something bigger than that.

I was looking at this lathe that mini-lathe.com gave a pretty good review on.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130286647680&ru=http%3 A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F130286647680%2509%3F_f rom%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D130286647680%25 09%26_naf%3D1%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I was thinking about getting that and doing the conversion. For whatever reason the whole cnc conversion thing sketches me out a little bit. What would a conversion run for a machine like that? Thanks again for all the info and help. Im glad i found this forum so i didnt jump into something blindly.

Page 1 of 2 12