585,728 active members*
4,471 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma OSP7000L Programming help required!

Okuma OSP7000L Programming help required!

Hi, I have a Okuma LB15 MW Lathe with OSP700L controls and I need to program the machine to make 3 slots through 120 degree angle equally spaced which start at the face of the job (Z0) and stop at Z-10.4mm. I believe I have to do this using the Contour Generation Programming Function (SIDE) which carries out arc-form machining on the perihery (side face) of a workpiece by feeding the Z axis while rotating the C axis. I believe the code i need for this is a G132, but that's where i become stuck...I have never used this code before or seen it done. Could some one who has possibly talk me through this process please, and tell me how I go about doing it?
    Many thanks in advance!!

what do You mean with "side face" ? is it side or face? I guess, You work with face - Z exis feed. IGF woul be very helpfull in this case. Check Your control for IGF first ...
    G132 is contour generation, must be prepared by M110, of course ...

It is on the side of the workpiece where i need to put a 120 degree slot which starts at Z0 and finishes at Z-10.4MM, I have equations in which you work out the feed required but that is about it! Is it as simple as G132 Z-10.4(Finishing point) C 240(Finishing point) F 130 or do i need additional information?

Quote Originally Posted by zanellan View Post
    It is on the side of the workpiece where i need to put a 120 degree slot which starts at Z0 and finishes at Z-10.4MM,
    I don't think I understand the part. How many axes do you need running at the same time? IE straight slots on the Zaxis, contoured slots on the C and Z axis, or helical contours on C,Z, and X?

Could you post a partial of the print?

Littlerob, Sorry I can't put a copy of the drawing on here at the moment due to copyright as the parts are still classified as "samples" and will try to explain in more detail in what i require. I need the C and Z axis to move at the same time to make 3 contoured slots on the side of the workpiece, the X axis remains constant (at 48MM). I believe(?) the code for this is a G132 but that is all i know at the moment?! Thanks in replying.

Quote Originally Posted by zanellan View Post
    Littlerob, Sorry I can't put a copy of the drawing on here at the moment due to copyright as the parts are still classified
    I figured that, But you should be able to make these contours with G1 moves.

IE G1 Z-...C...F...

I just wrote a simple prog at the control with these same feed planes, ran it in the graphics window with no alarm.

so this is not countour generation, no G132 code rquired. It's just simple axis feederate, as mentioned already G1 X, Z, C

Yeah, a simple G1 done the trick! Thanks guys!!

:banana:

How does the part look?

Great thanks littlerob, thanks for your help. Once the parts have come back from testing and have been given the "thumbs up" I will post a picture up and describe in more detail what they are used for (once the copyright has been granted!).