585,906 active members*
3,690 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: VSD-Core

VSD-Core

Hei Tero.
    According to GD web site your new product VSD-Core is available only for OEM's. Is there minimum order?

It's not a stock product because it's customized for each customer. So it is very not usually worth of selling in single quantity. If you make 100's of drives, it becomes very cost efficient.

Of course we can customize one pcs too, but it will be costly.

well, then one have to wait when somebody order something similar to needed and make 100+6. Hope you let us know .

BTW, there is a great demand for reasonably priced drives operated straight from 115/230VAC mains. Someone can make a very good business by making VSD-Core based drives for masses.

Hello!

I am glad that this product finally became available
    Could you please describe what customization is needed for this board?
    Software or hardware only?

Or I shall write a separate request in mail for details?

It is mentioned on the website that reference design is available as well, but I have not seen any links.

Some block diagrams, schematic parts would be handy, so I would know what to design, what to request, etc...

Xerxes, can we expect to see some new VSD-core based drives coming out of granite devices in the future, or is this just for oems?

I'm looking for a servo controller that I can customise; like hunserv I'm looking for schematics, refrence designs, ect... to determine if your VSD-Core product fits my needs,

basicaly is the VSD-core a "starter kit" to build your own servo drive to fit surplus motors

thanks

hunserv: Just because VSD-core can be customized, it doesn't mean it have to be customized I'll develop basic step/dir DC/AC servo drive firmware as default.

daedalus: We may design customer specific drives with VSD-core. But it seems that there is lots of demand of general purpose 230VAC input drives so it would be tempting to make one. In near future I don't see opportunity to make one due to limited time resource. If third party VSD-core HV drives fullfill this void, then there is no need for me to make one.

For reference schematics, please email me about it.

I have been in contact with Xerxes over the past few weeks about some more information about the VSD Core. I am in the process of working on a 200-230VAC drive. It is getting close to protype stage. I am just in need to of the layout information from Xerxes.

Ill post some pics later.

-Adam
    www.adambrunette.com - Converting My Harbor Freight X2 And My Jet Jvm-830 Knee Mill, As well as many other projects.

Hello,

Is it possible to get somewhere the ref. design and the connection diagrams for the VSD core?

If no custom design needed (current design) what quantities are to be ordered as minimum?

Thanks!