584,862 active members*
5,814 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > V5.50 Registration Nag

V5.50 Registration Nag

There's probably a very simple solution to this, but Sprut isn't offering any clues.

I downloaded and installed the V5.50 upgrade to my PCNC installation a while back, and everything appeared to be fine. Now, however, I can't get into Sprut without it demanding that I register, and naturally it won't accept my registration key.

What's going on? I suspect I just need to move one of the dongle key files, but can't find any guidance.

A little help please.

dkaustin -

The same thing happened to me. I'm assuming you have some sort of license install program that you got when you bought SprutCAM. If so, try this:

1. Uninstall SprutCAM.
    2. Put the SprutCAM license install program in the directory with your SprutCAM upgrade installer. In my case, it's a Hasp hardlock installer, named "_SCInstPF0_HASPD.exe". If you don't have a program, try just putting your license file in the directory with the SprutCAM installer.
    3. Run the SprutCAM installer again, e.g. "SprutCAM_2007.5.50.22906.exe". SprutCAM will figure out that it needs to install your license, and will do it for you.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

- Just Gary

Thanks, Gary, I think you put me on the right track.

I copied my _SCInstPD1_PCNC.exe and _SCInstPF0_HASPD.exe files to the installer directory and deleted the _SCInstPF0_OnLineSoft.exe file that was extracted from the download. Had to uninstall and reinstall several times; for a while I couldn't get Sprut to open at all.

For now, though, things seem to be working.

Thanks again.

dkaustin,

Sounds like you have the install figured out.... I just delete the software key file as well and never had an issue.

FWIW, if you find version 5.50 doing strange things I would suggest you download 5.51 before you spend days beating yourself up. Several of us here had various problems with 5.50 that appear to have disappeared with 5.51.

Robert

Well I thought I did everything right... I extracted the setup file, created an install direcry and copied it into it in along with the _SCIinstPF0_HASP.exe and _SCInstPD1_PCNC.exe from the previous install. BUT........ When I run the program it wants to do an online registration anyway. Am I forgetting something else??????????????????

Are you trying to run a new build of SprutCAM 2007 or the version of SprutCAM 7? The latter is not a free upgrade, so far as I know.

Mike

MichaelHenry,

Yes, Sprutcam 7. I did get it to work by just letting it do the online registration. So far it seems to be working well. Only issue is it still won't import Inventor part files directly.

Too bad about Inventor files not importing directly.

From what little I've seen so far, the user interface doesn't seem to be substantially different but it looks like they are making it easier to work with 3D solids.

Mike