584,829 active members*
5,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LT15 - OSP7000L HELP.

Okuma LT15 - OSP7000L HELP.

Hi all,
    I am new to Okuma but have been programming Fanuc for 20 yrs. Never had the option of setting my own zero points before (machine home on fanuc G-28).
    The machine is a double spindle, double turret, 7 axis that we bought used and I am trying to figure out the best way to set this up from scratch.
    What would you guys suggest for a machine home position for the lower turret? Also is there a way to turn the barfeeder option off while I get that repaired? How do you index the turrets in Manual? pressing the turret button does nothing on either A or B turret selection. I will be asking alot of questions on this one so please have patience with this post and Me.

Quote Originally Posted by tunitime View Post
    Hi all,
    I am new to Okuma but have been programming Fanuc for 20 yrs. Never had the option of setting my own zero points before (machine home on fanuc G-28).
    The machine is a double spindle, double turret, 7 axis that we bought used and I am trying to figure out the best way to set this up from scratch.
    What would you guys suggest for a machine home position for the lower turret? Also is there a way to turn the barfeeder option off while I get that repaired? How do you index the turrets in Manual? pressing the turret button does nothing on either A or B turret selection. I will be asking alot of questions on this one so please have patience with this post and Me.
    hi
    for moving the turret in manual mode u must be on the end position in x or Z
    (there is a light too).

thanks,
    I got the turrets indexing in manual. Does the limit light need to be on for auto or just in a clear position?

thanks,
    I got the turrets indexing in manual. Does the limit light need to be on for auto or just in a clear position?
    for safe, the light has to be on, if u want change the tool wherever u want, u need the command M66 example: T0101 M66

OK. Thanks.
    Still don,t understand the coordinate system. If i set a zero point on the part, with x and z, how do I get back to a barfeeder position without doing all of the math or is that the only way? sorry for all the dumb questions but this is different than a Fanuc system.

FANUC TO OKUMA:)

It is really very simple. And way too over thunk, an Okuma has soft limit switches that regulate travel on all Axes. If your machine has 1 inch travel on the Z axe you can program it to home at G0 X50. Z50. The machine will not pass the limits and will be in tool change position.

Robert

And don't overthink the X-Z zero offsets, for whatever reason they are out in space somewhere. Just look at the Actual position page to see what your actual position is and program based on that instead of what is in your zero offset page.

that sounds easy enough. Working with the manual handle, I have overtraveled the axis. Where are the soft limits set at? I think they are part of the parameters right?

that sounds easy enough. Working with the manual handle, I have overtraveled the axis. Where are the soft limits set at? I think they are part of the parameters right?
    Yeah (user parameter) but keep in mind there are hard limit switches also, stay away from these.

Robert

Next question. how do I enter a new program? I don't have any cam software so I am writing this at the machine but cant find anything on how to start a new program.

figured out how to enter a program.
    program starts:
    g13
    g140
    it gives me an alarm and wont accept the g13 and in auto the g13 doesnt even show up. Is there a character needed in the begining of the program? I'm not having much luck with this machine. All help is appriciated.

G50 should be the first code.

And if there isn't an M2 at the end you won't be able to pull it from the buffer.

OK
    Got the barfeeder jumpered out. everything works in manual.
    I wrote a program to check it out but it just hangs up on the g140. the program is:
    G50S500
    G13
    G140
    M3S200
    T0202M66
    M5
    M30

WHY WON'T THIS WORK?
    The cycle lamp is lit but the machine won't do anything.
    HELP PLEASE. (the chuck clamp light is on also)

Try this, my prog header is the same at all tool changes. I am trying to remember what G140 command is for Fanuc? Anyway

G50 S2000
    G90G0X50.Z50.T0202M3M8G97S500

And after that whatever you need to do.

Home position will be X50.Z50.

I would omit G13, G140, and the M66 and you will start to get results.

The machine has to be at "home position" or against the stops or it will not do a toochange, hence not moving. Hope that helps.:cheers:

Robert

g13 is upper turret callout
    g140 is left spindle callout
    m66 lets you change tools anywhere
    I got past that last problem but when I try to start the spindle I am getting a1229-01 alarm?
    any ideas on that one?

Got it working.
    I'll be back with more questions later I'm sure of that. Live tooling tranfer between spindles and alot of crap to do.
    Thanks for the replies

oh, yes! live transfer between spindles ... Okuma diagnostics would help You very much. There are really very seldom cases when Okuma "just does nothing". Usually You see diagnostics message, which says exactly, what's wrong.
    Good luck!

Thanks for your help. I have worked out some of the bugs but still having program problems. I am puting those questions in another post but keep the help coming. One of these days I will master this lathe also.

flowchart

I'll try to arrange approximate flowchart, if it helps:
    1. synchronisation of spindles revolution. They must keep the same angle to avoid jaws collision and deformation of part machined.
    2. setting Z axis load limit and load monitoring. To be sure, that part is placed fully into jaws of receiving spindle.
    3. switch off chuck open interlock. Chucks must be opened during rotation.
    4. unclamp receiving chuck
    5. positioning to start point.
    6. approaching with Z load under monitor
    7. load is reached
    8. clamp receiving chuck
    9. unclamp having chuck
    10. chucks appart
    11. synchronisation off, interlock off, load monitor off. stop spindle without part