584,861 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EXCELLO Model602

I have just acquired a Excello Model 602 with a Superior Electric tape drive that has been updated to a PC Control. Now I don't know what that means exactly but was told there was an additional card added to make it PC controllable. I intend to use the machine as a manual machine and wonder if there is any value or interest in the controls as I will have no use for them. I will be picking up the machine on Friday and will know more then. If there is value in the unit or parts I would be willing to sell at whatever would be a fair price to both you and me. In this case I am at your mercy and just ask for fairness. Interested? You can reply here or at [email protected]. One other thing...I will be needing manual handles for the three axis screws if anyone knows where to find them...Thanks...Joe

It really needs to be known as to exactly what PC control is on it now.
    For handles, Reid Supply sell blanks etc, you will just need to machine the correct bore size etc.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Thanks for the handle info and I will post more info on the controls after I pick it up. Probably be a couple days before I can get to it. Thanks again...Joe

I've got an excello 602 with CNC control. Nice machine. Also a spare "donor machine" for parts. If you PM me with your email address, I'll send you a a manual and parts list. My email server bounces your mentioned eamil.

karl

Excello 602 with Superior Electric Controller

Greetings from Motley, Mn., I picked up my milling machine today an got it moved into the shop. The 3 axes cnc controller that came with it looks like it won't be too hard to power up. Just have to reattach some wiring and such. Thankfully it came with two manuals. There also was an original manual for the Excello Model 602 in excellent condition in the cabinet. I hope to test the drive motors and such and see if there is any interest in parting that out. Or maybe someone would be interested in the whole system. Karl, thanks for the email. I have some reli's down in Dassel and grew up spending time on Lake Francis at my cousins. Do you have any handles for the x,y,z.? ...Joe

I'm about 4 miles from Lake Francis. In my young days I used to swim and ogle the girls on that real nice beach. I do have handles, somewhere. I'll look and email if I find them.

I'll look real hard if you want to trade for the motors.

Karl

Karl, I got the controller powered up today but a huge mouse nest was found in the computer and although I cleaned it out the best I could there seems to be some damage to the motherboard or whatever that thing with all the little gizmos glued and soldered to it is called. When I bought the machine it was not under power and one of the motors is still on the machine, z axis, and has some sort of offset drive on it. The other two motors were with the controller, one still wired up and one unwired and loose. Is there a way I could check those by putting some other power source to them. I would be interested in some sort of trade but have no idea if they even work.

Quote Originally Posted by hassjb View Post
    I got the controller powered up today but a huge mouse nest was found in the computer
    I bet when they listed it came with a mouse, you didn't think it would be the four legged kind? :devious:

They are most likely DC motors, if so you can just run them with a 12vdc automotive battery on the larger of the two leads, if fitted with a tach ignore this connection.
    Not a thorough test but an indication if they run.
    Al.

Albert E.

There are six wires numbered 1 through six. Which of those would you think I should try. Would a 12 volt batt. or charger work? Any multi-meter tests to run...Thanks...Joe

Ah, I though you had servo's, its sounds like you have steppers?
    Posting a jpg would confirm it.
    Al.

Albert E.

Just ran down and got this info off the motors.

Superior Electric Co.
    Slo-Syn Syncronomous
    Type M113-FJ40
    1100 oz/in
    60 hrz
    200 steps/rev.
    1.3V 20 amp. DC

I'll add a pic. tomorrow if I get to it...Thanks...Joe

You don't need to bother with the jpg, they ARE Stepper motors.
    Those details confirm it.
    Al.

Albert E.

Hey hassjb I'm kind of interested in pic's of the Excello you have. I know where there is one here but haven't seen it in several years. I think they still have it & was thinking about approaching them to see if it's for sale.