584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > PowerMILL > Powermill Post Processors
Page 1 of 3 123

Powermill Post Processors

What is the difference between Delcam's Duct-Post and PM-Post? Is one a subset of the other? Which one do I need to look at to convert Powermill toolpaths to and NC file?

Thanks,

There is no difference for converting toolpaths. Delcam's duct-post is the default machine post processor where you can make some changes. In the PM-Post you can create the same post processor as the default one but also you can create a completely new post processor

A friend of mine found a Powermill Post Processor option file that works between Powermill and Mach3 mill.

Use at your own risk since I did not try out all of the features in it. But, I did try it out and it does work for me.

The post processor option file is attached.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

I for Mach2 a pos-pm at the post but I can not coverter for the pmopt opt.
    Solutions? :drowning:

PowerMill Post Processor for Mach3

I am uploading an updated version of the PowerMill Post Processor option file for Mach3. In the older version that I posted on this thread, a G28 command was used that will use the Machine Coords to go to X0Y0Z0 which messed me up sometimes. This new version no longer uses G28. Instead, I had the Z height increase to move the tool bit out of the work area at the end of the gcode file.

Also, use this Post Processor option file at your own risk since I will not be responsible for anything.

However, I do personally use it myself.

Thanks,

Here is an updated PowerMill Post processor. It was modified using Delcam's PM Post Processor 4.7.00. I performed simple tests using PowerMill 2010 and Mach3.

This version is for Mach3 controller and fixes some of the IJK coordinates system (now uses absolute rather than incremental values). There are some other changes to make things work as expected.

Again as always, use this at your own risk. I cannot be responsible for anything.

good question you might have better luck at the Delcam forum

I did not see a Mach3 post processor on the Delcam forums site. If someone sees it, can they please provide a link or post it on this site?

post .opt to .pmopt

Hi,
    Hey can some body help me with conveting a .opt post to .pmopt.

PMOPT does not outputs G0 as G1

My current .pmopt outputs my rapid moves as G1 instead of G0.
    Any one knows what part of the .pmopt I need to tweak to get G0 outputs for my rapid moves

.i have made a tool path for CNC machine for milling operation, so that i can run the machine and finally made my component....but now i want to do simulation of that process.
    my problem is that i want to extract the Co-ordinates value in tabular form from the power software. but i dont know how can i??
    Could u plz help me in this?

i have made a tool path for CNC machine for milling operation, so that i can run the machine and finally made my component....but now i want to do simulation of that process.
    my problem is that i want to extract the Co-ordinates value in tabular form from the power software. but i dont know how can i??
    Could u plz help me in this?
    Edit/Delete Message

Lightbulb Post processor-MACH 3

I need the post processor for mach3 controller linking with the power mill 2010/2012.

can any body knows how to build the post processor for a specific machine controller or to generate.

Thanks in advance..!!
    please help

if anyone is interested I have a post for a fanuc18i MB - in the old *.opt format

is there anyone who can provide 4 axis post processor (.opt) file for delcam, fannuc machine is the machine i have

I can change your postprocessor files for any kind of controller just pm me ...
    Have a great day - Adam
    http://www.reliefs3d.com/

Re: Powermill Post Processors

i need post 4axis mach3 fr powermill

Quote Originally Posted by Reliefs3D View Post
    I can change your postprocessor files for any kind of controller just pm me ...
    Hi,I would like to know if you could help me out please?I am after a postprocessor in old *.opt format for siemens 810d
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

Hi,I would like to know if anyone could help me out please?I am after a postprocessor in old *.opt format for siemens 810d
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

I need post for fanuc 18-m

Page 1 of 3 123