585,712 active members*
4,178 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Sending prgrame from EMCO compact 5 cnc to PC

I have a EMCO Compact 5 CNC and I am having problems trying to send data from machine to PC using G-Code 66 as advised. Cables are connected correctly and COMSport is open. Any Ideas? Quite new to this and would appreciate any help you can give me. Cheers - SteveCo.

RS232 communications can be one of the most frustrating problems to troubleshoot. There's a lot of things to look for when you're having problems with file transfers.

With that said, make sure the settings on both the controller and the computer match identically. Including BAUD, Stop Bits, Data Bits, Handshaking etc.

After that's all confirmed to be correct, make sure the cable itself is wired correctly and make sure there's no hardware issues. Also make sure that you're using a quality, shielded cable for the transfers.

Try sending a file the other direction. If you're successful here, you've probably just got a wiring or settings or hardware problem. (narrows that down, eh? )

Make sure you're not next to any source of RFI, (Radio Frequency Interference). These sources can come from many places, like welding machines or other high voltage systems, they can come from live conduit, or even come from a (large) live extension cord that's coiled up on the floor.

HTH.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

where does the rs232 plug in in the lathe I'm not sure if mine is set-up for it?
    if you have any pictures that would be great

another question is how do you figure radius compensation I don't have a clue what the triangle symbol in the book means?
    My Emco is the 4th gen.
    thanks for the help
    Toad270

does any1 know why i cant end my program w/G-22 code ? I get a A00 error

I am Having a problem sending a file to the compact 5 , yet i can receive a file from it??Any Ideas? I have even tried to send the same file that was sent to me so it shouldn't be a data format problem. Anyone help please

Motman2k,
    What software are you using on your PC. Some software strips control characters from file headers/leaders, and when you send a program that was recieved from the CNC machine its not exactly the same and the CNC won't accept it.