585,728 active members*
4,803 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

My experience on buying (righ now) a Chinese laser

Me buying a Chinese laser, after checking Epilog and trotec lasers
    I think Epilog has one of the best quality and very friendly professional costumer service. Trotec I wait for an e-mail
    Response but I think they were busy, no answer.
    I decide going for a Chinese Laser, why? Because the price!! They are cheap!! And this is going to be kind of test laser before I get a Fiber laser for what is my goal , cut metal gold and silver ( I’m a jeweler).
    After reading this forum (one of the best) I went for a redsail and rabbit, but after some e-mails to this companies and searching I found this company, Liaocheng shen Hui laser.
    They give me a quote of $1840 for 50W co2 laser, 300x500 working table, up and down table (manual) ,max moving speed 1500mm/s ,Water cooled, Corel and AutoCAD compatible , resolution 4500dpi (model DC-G350)
    And of course they promise good customer service (after sale) , and that their machine is “very well” made in china, standard warranty for one year on part and labor for the machine , and 3 months on laser tube. They show me (e-mail) all they certificates half of them on Chinese so I don’t know what those where for: P .
    They ask 30% deposit before send the machine and the rest after they ship the laser (but if you don’t proof full payment they don’t ship the laser?)
    I contact a broker here in Los Angeles California (where I’m) and ask how much will cost me to import the machine (clear customs and all that stuff), they give me a quote of $350 Plus (fees that I have to paid once that the machine get customs)and they also told me they have a contact/agent in china .
    I hire the broker services and ask about the agent in china they arrange for the Chinese agent to call Liaocheng shen Hui laser (the seller of the laser) and verify they exist and they actually do lasers. After some calls they are legitimate!!
    February 26 -- I make 30% payment and they start building the laser

March 5 -- I receive an e-mail the machine is ready

March 10 -- My brokers contact me, she say, the seller has better rate for shipment, and so they will ship it. I paid the balance

March 16 --The machine is shipped.

April 3 -- I get a call from my broker, the machine as arrive and is waiting to clear customs

April 6 -- I receive a call from the broker asking me about what kind of laser is because the FDA needs to check it and also as to … be X-RAY by customs, I give all the info that I have about the specs of the laser.

April 8 --I receive the bill from my broker.there where $150 more from the original quote (fee from customs)
    Duty $72
    Pier Pass time $25
    AMS fee $25
    Entry FEE $130
    Single entry Bond $75
    Wherehouse cherges $75
    Food and drug $20
    Customs X-RAY $10
    there were more For extra $85 I arrange for them to deliver the machine to my office.

April 9 --I receive a fax from the broker, FDA put a hold on the laser, I will receive the machine but I NOT allowed selling, using. . Or move the machine.

April 10 --I e-mail the seller about a FDA certification, they said because is already shipped they don’t know what to do, but They will try to help me to solve the problem.

April 13 -- I call the broker they call FDA (waiting for answer back) and they will try to help me to solve the issue with the FDA

April 15 -- Still waiting for the seller, broker or FDA. :violin:

damn man .. i hope you get it!

I have been thinking of getting one from china but i live in Canada so i think id have same problems

Damn customs not like we are imporing explosives LOL....

I know it doesn't help now, but I have posted several times about only purchasing from a company that has FDA & CE certificates. You are lucky it wasn't either returned to China at your expense or stuck into the customs bonded warehouse (where they charge you $80/day storage).

If the system doesn't have the required safety switches, EMO and cover interlocks you are going to have problems as it can't be FDA approved.

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this.

For others that are considering a purchase from China and importing it to the US, I suggest the following:

ghlaser (GuangHan)
    hxlaser (HengXing - Rabbit)
    artsign (Artsign)

Zax.

Quote Originally Posted by zax15uk View Post
    I know it doesn't help now, but I have posted several times about only purchasing from a company that has FDA & CE certificates. You are lucky it wasn't either returned to China at your expense or stuck into the customs bonded warehouse (where they charge you $80/day storage).

If the system doesn't have the required safety switches, EMO and cover interlocks you are going to have problems as it can't be FDA approved.

Good luck, I hope you can resolve this.

For others that are considering a purchase from China and importing it to the US, I suggest the following:

ghlaser (GuangHan)
    hxlaser (HengXing - Rabbit)
    artsign (Artsign)

Zax.
    They say (the sellers) that the machine meet the FDA,CE,ISO standards
    By reading on the FDA It looks like I still have a chance to bring back the machine to FDA standars if does not meet them.
    But since I can not open the machine I don't Know..

where the safety switches and EMO cover interlocks has to be , I can see the machine is wrapped on transparent plastic , but I don't know what to look for in the machine

You may be able to request an exemption if it is for non-commercial use and you agree not to resell it.

If they allow this it will not need to meet their requirements.

In order to receive an exemption you usually need to prove it is a 'component' rather than a ready to use system. I have imported laser diodes like this without issue.

Zax.

Cool Update:

April 22: After some e-mail the Chinese seller told me that is going to take around two months to provide me for the FDA certificate. even though they told me that the machine was FDA,CE, ISO standard (Certificated?)
    April 25: I receive a copy of the FDA certificated from the seller , but I don't see the model number in the certificated.
    April 27: Get A letter from the seller , explaining why the model number it is not
    in the certificated, main office use different model number than the branch Hu? , also get a letter from the seller to FDA explaining that they can prove that is the same machine, but different model number ,also get attach that proof (seller is fixing that discrepancy on model numbers with FDA already)
    April 29: I send all the paperwork to FDA (Form 2877 , accession number from FDA , letter from seller about discrepancy of model numbers.
    May 5: Still waiting answer from FDA

keops777 - hope you will have your equipment soon! But why you don't buy from local dealer? Saving on direct purchase from China LOOKS ONLY attractive, really it's disaster and very expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Litografa View Post
    keops777 - hope you will have your equipment soon! But why you don't buy from local dealer? Saving on direct purchase from China LOOKS ONLY attractive, really it's disaster and very expensive
    Kind of like buying cheap equipment hoping to save money???

Post Update!!

May 11: receive a letter from FDA my Laser is release . !!!!

May 12: I open the laser , Comes with two cd one is the driver and corel 12 , the second is Video with Instruction on how to use the laser (but the laser in the video is other model) but I get an Idea of what to do.

I Install corel 12 (I use corel X3) , install the driver , not problems so far , I try to install the driver with corel X3 it recognize the laser on corel X3

I did some test with the laser on acrylic and seem like everything it's OK
    I welcome myself to the world of laser owner :P:cheers:

Please post images of machine, work, etc! Thanks!

Be careful with Corel you have got from China. 99% it is illegal. Better just put this Corel in waste basket

So almost 3 months but you finally got it - and it works, that's great news!

Zax.

Welcome to the world of Lasers.

Now your sleepless nights really start.... Laid in bed thinking about the next job, then getting up because you can't wait to try it. Ending up staying up all night. Wishing you had stayed in bed because the next night you are too tired to play......

Good luck

Dave.