584,319 active members*
6,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Mastercam Startup Problems

Question Mastercam Startup Problems

OK... so its my 4th attempt at installing Mastercam X3... i downloaded X3 and X3 MU1 both from mastercam.com... i have a licensed network through my school at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and contrary to what the site says X3 will run on Windows Vista.. I know because my teachers and classmates all use X3 on Vista...

so the problem is whenever i try to start up X3 I get the same error message:
    " NO SIM FOUND "

Now I am connected to my network even though I'm off campus and I've already copied the nethasp from my school into the c://xcamx directory.. also i reinstalled the drivers for the SIM... and yet I still get the error message...

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS???

Try following these directions!
    http://www.mastercam.com/Support/Tec...00_NetHASP.htm
    The "No Sim found" error points to the inabillity to read the network licens key!
    If you google it you will also find other solutions for that problem.

haha i actually looked through there but gave it another shot... i reconfigured the nethasp.ini file and what-do-ya-know it worked!!! thanx!!!!!

Figured as much.

You may want to add "RESOLVED" to your Title.

Quote Originally Posted by Neceda View Post
    haha i actually looked through there but gave it another shot... i reconfigured the nethasp.ini file and what-do-ya-know it worked!!! thanx!!!!!
    Can u send me that file to: [email protected]?
    Or can U tell me what did U modify?
    Thnx.

same problem

I have the same problem can you send me the info on how to fix.

who to fix "no SIM"

would you please send me the way to fix it because I have the same problem you had.

thank you

***no sim found***

can someone send me the fix too?

I have the same "no sim" problem. could you send more details on the ini reconfig. Thanks, Chuck

I NEED SERIOUS HELP

ok so im the only girl in my Machine Tech class im a first year student but I seem to be doing pretty well in here. My teacher is having me install the program Mastercam X3 to some of the computers in the lab. So I set them up however when I tried to open it I got the error message of NO SIM FOUND, Im pretty good with computers but no where near good enough to figure this out on my own. Please help anything would be great! thanks

~Sixela

Quote Originally Posted by sixela View Post
    ok so im the only girl in my Machine Tech class im a first year student but I seem to be doing pretty well in here. My teacher is having me install the program Mastercam X3 to some of the computers in the lab. So I set them up however when I tried to open it I got the error message of NO SIM FOUND, Im pretty good with computers but no where near good enough to figure this out on my own. Please help anything would be great! thanks

~Sixela
    You can't do the installation using "remote desktop"

Basil Okoro

I have the same problem and i don't know what to do about it. Please is there any solution to the problem?

OK... so its my 4th attempt at installing Mastercam X3... i downloaded X3 and X3 MU1 both from mastercam.com... i have a licensed network through my school at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) and contrary to what the site says X3 will run on Windows Vista.. I know because my teachers and classmates all use X3 on Vista...

so the problem is whenever i try to start up X3 I get the same error message:
    " NO SIM FOUND "

Now I am connected to my network even though I'm off campus and I've already copied the nethasp from my school into the c://xcamx directory.. also i reinstalled the drivers for the SIM... and yet I still get the error message...

ANYONE GOT ANY SUGGESTIONS???