585,668 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Displaying variable values onscreen?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Displaying variable values onscreen?

Damn, you beat me to it! I was going to post yesterday that I found a way to display the info, in the timers box. It's not a pop up message, but it works well. I actually kind of like it better, because it stays on the screen.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_5698.jpg  

Hi everyone - old thread, but hopefully I can get some guidance with a probe measuring issue as I have searched the internet but have not found anything useful relating to Haas part measuring with a probe.

I used to use a parametric measuring pgm on a Heidenhain iTNC533 controller running a DMG 5 axis years ago as I had to supply a part tolerance printout for our UK customer. I found it very easy to do this with a Heidenhain controller, but now I'm teaching on Haas controllers and not familiar with the more advanced functions (if any) - just wondered if it's possible to measure a part after milling with the probe by specifying a XYZ coordinate to goto and probe that position - then display it or save it in a pgm?

So basically what I want to do is write a positional pgm, the probe would then goto those XYZ coordinates and probe - then save it somewhere or display it like the Heidenhain can.

the Haas 3 axis cnc mill is equipped with a wireless renishaw probe system.

any ideas or sites I can go to for more information.

thanks

The renishaw manual is here
    https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defaul..._6222_0A_B.PDF

and this video shows you how to display variables on screen
    https://diy.haascnc.com/videos/totd-...reen#gsc.tab=0

Quote Originally Posted by anilam View Post
    just wondered if it's possible to measure a part after milling with the probe by specifying a XYZ coordinate to goto and probe that position - then display it or save it in a pgm?
    Yes and no. You can go to a position and probe, then store the results of size and location in macro variables manually. However you can not display those variables on screen unless you have a next generation control. If you're on an older control, you'll have to go to the variable page and look them up, or maybe you can Dprint them. I have no experience with dprint though.

Quote Originally Posted by Billetgrip View Post
    Next gen control only, this is not an option on older controls.

The renishaw manual is here
    https://diy.haascnc.com/sites/defaul..._6222_0A_B.PDF

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Yes and no. You can go to a position and probe, then store the results of size and location in macro variables manually. However you can not display those variables on screen unless you have a next generation control. If you're on an older control, you'll have to go to the variable page and look them up, or maybe you can Dprint them. I have no experience with dprint though.

thanks for info.

sadly they are not that advanced as the Heidenhain controller - Haas sponsors our training college with cnc machines and the controllers are just the basic kind.

P.S

would it be possible to save the XYZ values in MDI?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    It works on my nonNGC Haas. The posted video is even using a nonNGC machine.

It works on my nonNGC Haas. The posted video is even using a nonNGC machine.
    Thanks for the correction. I think I'm lumping anything 2010 (right?) and up as NGC. I only have experience with up to 2007.

Old thread now but still relevant. The video referenced above has been moved - the title is "Get the Information that you need by customizing your Haas Control Home Screen" and it's currently located at https://www.haascnc.com/myhaas/Haas_...Resources.html

In the video Mark describes how to go to the screen button CURRENT COMMANDS -> Timers and Counters
    and then set the macro variable label #1 &#2. You can also display a variable value eg macro variable #1 or just a number in the macro variable field. This is then shown to the user as shown in message #21 above. This is described in my manual in section 6.13.4 Display Macro Variables in the Timers And Counters Window. There is no obvious way to programmatically set these display fields so you have to go in to this window and set them manually.

Another possibility is the setting the variable #3006=(user displayed message) but still there seems to be no way to show the value of a variable in this way.

Finally DPRNT does seem to be the only way to output a number of text messages and variable values which go to a file. On newer machines another command M130 can display long files and mixed media - it may be possible to create a file with DPRNT and then display the file on the machine with M130 - I am going to try that. Otherwise it seems the file you generate with DPRNT will have to copied or viewed from outside the machine. e.g. open the shared haas directory from your computer and view the file there.
    Last edited by janger; 09-21-2020 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machineit View Post
    Six year old thread!
    And ??? What's your point? That anyone interested in this subject should be null and void? Should not be answered ? should be ignored???

This is one of the reasons why I hate forums. So much immaturity.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertNG View Post
    And ??? What's your point? That anyone interested in this subject should be null and void? Should not be answered ? should be ignored???

This is one of the reasons why I hate forums. So much immaturity.
    G0 G90 G53 X#101 (VARIABLES SET BY PROBING MACRO)
    M0 (***MACHINE X IS DIAMETER***)
    G0 G90 G53 Y#102
    M0 (***MACHINE Y IS HEIGHT***)

Makes this a little user friendly.

Page 2 of 2 12