585,877 active members*
3,735 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > okuma lt 15 m 5020 newb question

okuma lt 15 m 5020 newb question

Well we just received machine, and getting over limit alarm. Put in override and only moves one way and we think it is the wrong way. According to limit parameters . Help with any guidance!!! Should we just arbitrarily change parameters or is there some other secret to make them move the other direction. :withstupi

I'm new to the okuma also and had the same problems. I adjusted the limit parameters until I got everything as far away from the center of the machine without going into the hard limits. If you do that, our machine has a hard limit overide switch inside the electrical panel to get the axis off of the hard limits. Took me awhile to get it right and had axis actually not move in either direction but with a little time and luck, you should get them set.

SOoo?

You adjusted parameters and compared to the check data screen or just adjusted?

I just adjusted the variable limit parameters until I got full stoke out of all the axis.

Quote Originally Posted by fabshop View Post
    Put in override and only moves one way and we think it is the wrong way.
    You THINK it is the wrong way, or it IS the wrong way?

Iy hit the HARD LIMIT, on any axis, you can only move one way! Away from the Limit.
    ie if you hit the X+ limit, you can only move in the X- direction.
    After you turn on the limit override switch, you MUST be in MANUAL and only use the hand wheel to move the axis in the correct direction... you actually can not use the rapid move buttons anyway.
    As soon as you are clear of the hard limit, restore the override switch and move the machine back towards the hard limit, when you are at a position you are happy with, change to the Sytem Parameter page and Calculate the postion on the relevant limit.
    ONLY change the system parameter if you are certain you know what you are doing!
    ALWAYS write down the existing value BEFORE changing it!
    After the system parameter is set, use the USER Parameter page to change the limits to suit the job being machined.

Which axis? If you just powered up and have the Stroke end limit, chances are that your X axis moved during shipment past the stroke end limits. Go into the electrical cabinet and turn on the overtravel release switch and then go to manual mode and use the pulse wheel to move away from the limit. The Stroke end limits are written down on the Management Data Card in the back of the machine and should not be changed! The Variable limits are meant for you to change, but be careful there are 4 coordinate systems on your machine...A+B turrets and L+R spindles for each. The easy way to find your maximum travels is to add 0 to your stroke end limits. This resets the Variable limits to their maximum values. However by doing this you may remove any "safety zones" that are already set in favor of the new maximum travel.

Any questions feel free to email me. We have an LT15-MY in our shop with an OSP U-100.