584,879 active members*
5,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > My table moves the wrong way when using jog arrows?!!!

My table moves the wrong way when using jog arrows?!!!

When I press the tab button to get the jog windown up & then use the shuttle arrows - if I press the top green Y+ ...I'd have expected the table to move away from me, when I press the right pointing X+, I'd have expected the table to move to the right - are these correct assumptions? (becuase at the minute my table does the exact opposite to the above - if it shouldn't act in this manner...how do i resolve this please?!!!)

table vs. tool movement

keep in mind that the + and - buttons are used to position the tool on the part. If you want the tool to move in a + direction the table will move in a minus direction. This assumes you are using a vertical machine.

If, for some reason, the tables are now moving in the opposite direction that they used to check that mirror image has not been set on by accident.

Thank you for your response...that was indeed my issue.

that said, i have a real whacky transport problem now.

My Y table is now fine ...in other words, I press either a Y+ or Y- & the table moves just fine in either direction.

However my X axis...no matter whether I press the X+ or X- ...my motor turns the same way. (the table only goes one way).

I thought perhaps a wiring fault. Therefore, I moved the Y axis motor (which is the same motor type/wiring & working fine) & connected it to my driver board's X motor output - same thing (X only only moves in one direction, no matter whether X+ or X- is pressed!)

Since I've ruled out the motor & wiring, this can only mean it's either the board (X axis screwed?), or some setting in Mach3??

....HELP!!!

Check the voltage on the direction pin, while jogging in both directions. Should be 5V one way, and 0V the other.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)