585,748 active members*
3,453 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > fanuc 21i-TB can't find engraving routines on viper lathe

fanuc 21i-TB can't find engraving routines on viper lathe

can't find engraving routines on viper lathe
    we have a cnc vmc with siemens 810d controller which
    has easy to follow engraving routines

Did you salesman tell you there were engraving routines on your Viper lathe? As far as I know, no one is putting "engraving routines" standard on a Fanuc.

thanks for reply its not what we wanted to hear, are there programs that can be inserted, without going to the likes of mastercam,
    once again many thanks

I've seen macros for engraving on a mill, but not on a lathe. I would assume they could be modified to use polar or cylindrical interpolation, but I think you're looking at a pretty big project. Sorry.

NEED HELP! New to cylindrical interpolation.

1)I have a Puma 700 LM w/ Fanuc 18ti. & Live Tool.
    I have attached a picture of the part that I need to work on. Would you suggest using cylindrical interpolation to put the groove and the dimples in on the base area in turquise? I have a problem right now with the drawing I was sent because customer sent me a parasolid file(*x_t) and I can't open it with Solidworks or Surfcam to get any geometry off these areas to even do any toolpathing. I was able to open it in 3D-Tool and view it. Basically you're looking at a trapezoid about 1/2" length with 30 deg walls and 1/4radius fillets in corners. The diameter from each dimple (180 deg. apart ) is 1.87 and top turn diameter of shaft is 2 1/16". So that dimple is approx. .100 deep per side and shaft isn't that big. Flange Diameter with bolt circle is 5" dia. approx.

Anyways I was thinking of taking a 1/4" ball endmill and cylindrical interpolating around the part and moving in to form the trapezoidal dimple somehow. Is there any examples of doing something similar?

2) Also any example of something that was engraved on the cylinder as far as a serial number about 1/8" height? I need to do the serial number on the end of this thing as well?

Appreciate any help and advice

Thanks!:withstupi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 902276.jpg  

Maybe this will be of some help. From the folks at Daewoo/Doosan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks!

Who have manual books of Fanuc 21i TB can give me?
    my email: [email protected]
    goodluck every body
    Thanks you very much!