585,978 active members*
4,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Fanuc 0-M

Fanuc 0-M

I am trying to get a 93 Kira/Tree mill drill center with a Fanuc 0-M control setup and running. I powered the machine up for the first time yesterday and I must be missing something in the start up sequence. I am getting a "Not Ready" propped in the display. I am not getting any alarms either. Is there a power up command or button that I am missing. Currently all I am doing is turning on the man switch and the controller. Also I made sure the e-stop button is reset.

I had a similar problem that I got help with here. (Thanks everybody).
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74699
    I was able to get my machine to move by HOLDING in the machine end release button. The problem I had was a broken wire at the connector for the limit switch. you may want to read the other post, as they also gave other possibilities to check before I found my problem.

Mike

Is this machine has a push buttom call " EMS/OT RELEASE" on the operator panel? if yes, you need to press it one to get machine ready

Ahn Vuong

On my Tsugami FA65 (0-T) with barfeeder I had the same problem until switched on the barfeeder. Is there any additional equipment with your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by dafowfidy View Post
    I am trying to get a 93 Kira/Tree mill drill center with a Fanuc 0-M control setup and running. I powered the machine up for the first time yesterday and I must be missing something in the start up sequence. I am getting a "Not Ready" propped in the display. I am not getting any alarms either. Is there a power up command or button that I am missing. Currently all I am doing is turning on the man switch and the controller. Also I made sure the e-stop button is reset.
    Check for 121#4 (emergency) on diag screen. It must be 1 for machine ready condition. If it is 0, you can check on ladder screen for G121.4 to see what made this bit 0. You should also check for input signal 21#4, it must be 1 also.

Quote Originally Posted by dafowfidy View Post
    what version of 0 is it... a b c? use the ladder function to search for the problem.. parameter 60 bit to make it a 1... search for G8.6..

check the emergency stop signals which are 24 volt.. check out the maintenance manual for more info

on the tool changer there is a stwitch you have to turn it on