585,759 active members*
4,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

BOSS 5 Post processor for Mastercam

Does anyone have any resources on editting post processing files?

I have a Biridgeport Series 1 CNC BOSS 5 Controls (1977), I'm using MasterCAM to program my Gcode.

I've noticed two errors so far:

1) When drilling, it did not put in the G81 code in the NC file, just sort of "forgot it".

2) and when I do a G02, it forgets to put in the Feed rate in the NC file.

Now that I know what it is forgetting I can edit the files manually before uploading to the CNC, but I'd like to try and correct this in the POST if possible.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

I have been using Mastercam for 10 years. I have done a lot of custom post processors. If you could let me know what version of Mastercam you are running it would help. Are you running a post specifically for the Boss 5 or is it just a generic post. The later versions of Mastercam have made big changes in the post processors. I you are running vesion 7 or newer it will be pretty easy to fix.

If you're using the default post for the boss off the CD, it should put the G81's in. That's pretty standard, and any machine that uses G81 as the default drill cycle should have it in the post. Is it possible that the post you're using was modified before you started using it?

Either way, both look like an easy fix, but we'll need to know more.
    Matt
    San Diego, Ca

___ o o o_
    [l_,[_____],
    l---L - □lllllll□-
    ( )_) ( )_)--)_)

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

MasterCAM 9.1 SP2

And yes the POST i'm using has been modified by the original owner of the machine. He helped me setup the machine and gave me a tutorial on MasterCAM, and I feel bad bothering him with every little question I think of, so I'm trying to learn how to edit the POST on my own.

I've been a computer geek for years, I'm compinent in AutoCAD and Inventor but the MasterCAM and NC stuff is still new to me :-)

I'm not sure what was editted previously from teh default MasterCAM BOSS5 POST to what I have now, I could try and compare the two files and see what looks different, but somehow that may be very difficult. :-)

I guess I'm just trying to find out what can be changed in the POST and how it affects the output. I've never tried sending a generic POST to my machine, is that possible?

I wa sunder the impression that i NEEDED to use the BOSS5 POST.

Thanks again.

I have a generic v8.1.1 post for boss5 if you still need one

Question Mastercam post for boss 5

I have just bought a bridgeport series 2 with the textron controller which I believe is the boss 5. We run mastercam v9.1 but have no post for the boss 5. I have tried to manualy alter the outputed code but cannot get it to run.

Has anyone got a post or can tell me how to edit mine (hurco)?

hi friends,
    i am Nirmal.I need a help that is i need a post processor file for sinumeric 810D in mastercam v9.1 Any kind hearted friend help me to get the file.My email id is [email protected] thank u friends