585,567 active members*
3,434 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Doosan Infracore Lynx 220LM

Doosan Infracore Lynx 220LM

Anyone here running a Doosan Infracore Lynx 220LM?

I am looking at my first CNC lathe. I got a little demo of this machine last week and wondered what you guys thought of it.

Good Points, Bad Points, Options etc.?

The C Axis live tooling really looked nice and the machine comes stock with a variety of tool holders including 2 pcs. Eppinger Preci-Flex ready X Axis (Straight) milling heads and 1 pc Eppinger Preci-Flex Z axis (angular) milling head.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Nice machine, I have ran a couple of them. Keep in mind, the live tooling is only 5 Hp, so don't expect it to behave like a machining center in regards to milling. The Eppinger tooling is sweet, and the PreciFlex attachments even sweeter. I believe that machine has half indexing (24 position indexing), which is a nice feature to allow you to put 24 turning tools on the turret if you wanted to. Make certain any of your future work doesn't require a Y axis to come off center, as you won't be able to do so with the 220LM, to say for instance, to size a key slot that runs parallel to the Z axis. If I were a shop owner, I would own one.

I'm setting up my first 220LM at the Northwest Machine Tool Show this week. So far, I'm impressed. I've set up Lynx 220's, Puma 240MSC's, Puma 1500SY's, etc. I think you'll get a good return on your investment.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your valued input.

John

As daewoosan said

Go easy on the Eppinger live tooling they are not designed to run 24/7 at max rpm !

And remember to always use the nylon bungs under the non live tools to protect the turret and the live tooling from coolant leakage.

Help

Hi MysticMonkey,

Thanks for the tips.

John

i program one at the moment. biggest issue with the machine is no clearances between tool holders
    cannot cut off diameters same size as the spindle bores
    cut off tool will rip the way covers up.
    tools cannot extend very far from the tool block
    no clearance between way cover and turret
    If you can ENVISION it I can make it

cnc-king, I'm confused. According to the tool interference diagram, you can hang a tool 30mm out of the turning tool holders. This should allow you 6mm clearance to the way covers, and should allow you to part off a 60mm diameter bar. Is this not true?

hi,
    send me your mail, i will send you one demo for the machine
    sting