585,759 active members*
4,013 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Boss DX/32 Post for MasterCAM

Hi. I'm looking for a MasterCAM X3 post that is compatible with the Bridgeport Boss DX/32 control. The version numbers from the program are 2.30/4.54. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Mastercam posts long hand code and as such, unless you've changed a default, will not use canned cycles.
    So unless you do lots of drilling (G81, G82, G83), want the table to home (G50) automatically, or use sub programs, there should be no issue. At school I use a basic Haas post and have had no problems. There are some Haas specific codes that I "find / replace" but that's about it. I've even edited some of the more obvious issues within the Control definition manager.

Now I do have a BOSS PP for Gibbs that outputs the full meal deal for my V2XT and I love it (just no love for Gibbs) so use it for simple quick and dirty stuff.

good luck and I wouldn't expect anyone to post up "here's my PP for you" they're hard to come by and often are edited personally.
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

well the differences between the stock posts and the machine NC code syntax are very few. i'd like to create my own rather than wait on cnc software to send a post. i was mostly wondering if i could find help with that

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus0x1a4 View Post
    Hi. I'm looking for a MasterCAM X3 post that is compatible with the Bridgeport Boss DX/32 control. The version numbers from the program are 2.30/4.54. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Check MP

actually, i went through the post and made the necessary changes. it only took me about a day to figure it out. :] it's a lot easier than people make it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus0x1a4 View Post
    actually, i went through the post and made the necessary changes. it only took me about a day to figure it out. :] it's a lot easier than people make it out to be.
    Good Job!
    Were you able to get it to output M22, M26, M25? How about the canned cycles and subs? The call syntax for the sub is peculiar to this system. I found the drilling cycles to be tedious to sort out what with the repeated Z call outs within the canned cycle (G81/82/83 etc. etc..)

I'd be curious as to what changes you made within the post for this, I am assuming you edited the code directly rather than within the Control Manager.

Peace.
    9 1/2
    B.C.I.T. Machinist CNC

Re: Boss DX/32 Post for MasterCAM

Any chance you could share your post file or the changes you made? I need the same thing!
    Thanks