584,817 active members*
4,893 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > New computer cant find SIM key

New computer cant find SIM key

Had to install Surfcam on a different computer and now surf cant find the SIM.
    So it opens in demo mode. I had this happen once before and there is a way to change the port in Surf...but I cant remember now. Help a brother out:drowning:
    Gary

RE: New computer cant find SIM key

Download and install the latest Security Drivers from Safenet.

v7.5.0
    http://www.safenet-inc.com/support/f...aller7.5.0.zip

You can follow our tutorial, you can start at Step 7 unless you have SURFCAM 2003 or older version installed then I recommend starting at Step 1.

http://www.camcadtech.com/tech_tips/...ty_drivers.htm

Darin

Darin,
    Many thanks for the reply. I was unable to run the SSDCleanup utility as I got the "windows unable to open this program" So I went ahead and installed the Sentinel Protection.
    Followed the instructions and it went smooth as glass. Surfcam now knows where the sim is...and now I think I have another problem..

The reason I moved this to a new computer is when you open Surfcam (2001) you get the normal screen with a white box in the center. That box stays there for a min or so..or until you click on it and then it goes away and you are up an running.
    What it started doing a few weeks ago is the white box would load for 1 or 2 seconds and then the whole application would shut down. Some times you would have to try a couple of times before it would "catch" and load normally. As days went by it would take more trys until it finally just wouldn't load at all.

So just now it did the same thing on the brand new computer. Before it recognized the sim it loaded and ran just fine in demo mode. But now it has the sim and back to the old problem. Something must be wrong with the sim..
    Great I think I know what that means..$5500 flushed down the drain along with many years of programs.
    Somebody jump in and tell me it ain't so!!!
    Gary

BAD SIM

Contact your SURFCAM reseller for a SIM replacement. It sounds like the SIM is going bad.

I assume your maintenance is expired since you are still using an 8 year old version, so there may be a small fee for the replacement.

The newer SIMs are USB.

Darin

Thanks for the reply. Yes that will be my first call on Mon.
    Gary

I don't know your situation but you might think about upgrading to Velocity 4. I know that I am cutting more parts faster and better than we have ever been able to before. I thought that SurCam 2001 was great but Velocity has been a major step forward for us.

I can cut good parts in less time and have longer tool life too with the TrueMill technology. I don't work for SurfCam but I sure like their product and I want to see as many shops stay in the business as can during these tough times.

I cut 1018 steel with a 1/2" 4 flute TiALN End Mill at 6000 RPM and 40 IPM .75" deep in one pass. No coolant but air. Makes lots of chips but on many parts it is the only way I can bid to get the jobs. I don't use Truemill all the time but when I do it makes us money.

Lowell

Lowell,
    Thanks for the comments. Talked with them on Mon and they are sending out a USP sim to replace that frigging 25 pin crap :banana: Now when I get a new computer I wont have to order a 25 board as none of them come with those anymore.
    I have heard great things about Velocity and Truemill but I haven't kept up with everything. They emailed me all of the differences and new packages available so I will bone up on them. They also have maintenance amnesty until some time in June. So that saves a bunch of money.
    Gary