585,589 active members*
2,946 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

fanuc parameters cleared

While stumbling like an idiot, I have managed to clear my parameters (whoops) on a Faunc 10MA control.

I can't seem to find any backup. Does anyone have parameters they could send me?

The machine in question is a

Leadwell
    Model MCV 550D
    Series: 865282
    Mfg. Date: Jan 1986
    Fanuc 10MA
    Mfg. No: 5983

Ouch! Can't help with that machine, but I actually had a similar problem this week but it was a LaBlond Makino KE-55 w/ 20FA control. Control had a parity error on startup, and clearing it per the manuals meant clearing all memory

No paper copies of the parameters? Check with the documentation for the Inspection records, ladder, or electrical diagram. Not fun, but it would get you up an running.
    If not check with the machine builder for a copy they should have on record (or possible fanuc)

To properly restore a backup you will pretty much need a f-rom card, although sometimes I think a small capacity PCMCIA memory card (Compact flash with an adapter) will work. But probably just for the i series of controls and newer. Our 16i's seem ok useing them if under 12MB.

Anyhow, my experience with typing them in was... so so. I ran into issues with keeper relay bits turning on/off access to tables I had not entered data into. Like the PMC DATA settings table, and pitch corection tables. YMMMV

Danger: here be dragons!
    Here is some information that MAY be helpful I do not know if it applies to all fanuc controls. Hold the left and right arrow soft keys under the screen on power up. This should get you into a "System monitor main menu". These are dangerous options here! losing parameters was bad, but you can do more damage in here!

Once in here, the SRAM DATA BACKUP allows saving and restoring programs, parameters, and I think offsets in one shot.

Honestly, without a backup you may be better off paying for a fanuc technician visit if they can dig up a copy of your parameters. When there, have him backup the entire control software (ladder, pmc, parameters, everything) and save it on your computer somewhere. You will need a laptop, or PCMCIA reader on your computer.

For everyone else, I suggest you do this on install or any other time a tec visits.

Restoring 10M parameters

Mikey,

I think Leadwell is still in business so I'd start there.

10M parameters can be hand loaded but it takes awhile and it's pretty complicated:
    Start with the options at 9000 and get them loaded first.
    If you aren't familiar with binary to hex conversions, you'll need some detailed written instructions.

This isn't going to be easy.

Warren

www.uptimecorp.com

please communcate me on +919430737981 or on [email protected] I will send it for you please provide the details of machine also
    Regards
    prabhat

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey69 View Post
    While stumbling like an idiot, I have managed to clear my parameters (whoops) on a Faunc 10MA control.

I can't seem to find any backup. Does anyone have parameters they could send me?

The machine in question is a

Leadwell
    Model MCV 550D
    Series: 865282
    Mfg. Date: Jan 1986
    Fanuc 10MA
    Mfg. No: 5983

im assuming you have the option parameters written down on a backup page that is usually found in the control panel..

your gonna need to do a 7 and 9 on power up.. then 99 input, then set the number of axis and put in all ur option parameters..

then you are going to have to put in all the pc parameters..

what i would do if i were you is to contact the builder they should have some parameters..