584,800 active members*
4,815 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Waiting is Over!!

This may not be the best place for me to make my post, but I have been lurking on this forum for a few years now. Like many people I have been patiently waiting for a resolve of the CNCBrain outcome.

About 3 months ago I almost placed an order for one to do my intial testing when I noticed more and more people where having problems getting their Brain to work properly.

Don't get me wrong I was excited when I first herd of this product and what it could do. Damn I was even willing to just order one and hope the development would catch up to my slow start designing my CNC. The ability to daisy chain the brains together was enticing to say the least.

How can anyone make a decision buying one at the moment if no new information is coming forth on where it stands in his development cycle. Everyday I go to this forum and to the Brain forum but nothing new is updated. Even some information on where it stands in the testing would be nice. Will it be 2 months or 10 months down the road, or what is the blueprint to actually seeing it function. Some of us lurkers would like to know.

Just because we don't post doesn't mean we are not interested in what is going on. Please let us know.

Thanks
    Hans

Ps. Short of being able to get this controller what would people recomend as a replacement.

Just wondering what is so special about cncbrain? I have been using Mach3 through the Pport for 3 years making perfect parts and would not switch to anything else...probably ever
    Dennis

Well I have been waiting for a USB controller so I could use my laptop. During my many searches I guess their are various addons I could use, but thought this could be one great package to allow more then 6 axis.

I am toying with a design which uses 8 axis and thought maybe the cncbrain could be piggybacked to function in such a manner. I wanted to buy one for testing purposes to see its reliabilty. Reading all the posts by the actual users I have yet to see one actually running in its true form.

I have also purchased Mach3 and find it a nice piece of software.

about USB controller - im waiting it so much too! I have a laptop and prefer using it !

cnc plasma cutting machines
    used cnc plasma cutting machines
    CNC machines on www.pragmaticus.de

When I read, 'WAITING IS OVER' it sounds like wow ITS FINALLY READY !!!

You should say. I Can't wait any #$#$ longer !!

Ps. Short of being able to get this controller what would people recomend as a replacement.
    The Prefered USB controller using Mach3 is Smooth stepper,

Also ive got some of my customers running USBCNC with my Viper servo drives and are very happy with it.

http://www.usbcnc.com/
    http://www.usbcnc.com/index_products.html

Larry K
    Manufacturer of CNC routers and Viper Servo Drives
    www.LarkenCNC.com and www.Viperservo.com

Guys,

I suggest the "KFLOP" from Dynomotion for a USB controller. This controller is built around a very powerful DSP. Has it's own CNC(Free) front end but there is a Mach 3 plugin available as well. Recently the manufacturer added 8-axis control capability. Dunno why it's not mentioned more here on the 'Zone.

see here;
    http://dynomotion.com/