585,752 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Assembly Help

I have created an assembly in Solid works that consists of some pulleys and brackets that are mated to I beams. I need to draw cables that will connect the brackets to the beams that go over the pulleys. What I want to do is make a 3d sketch and the sweep a .375 dia circle the path of the 3d sketch to create the cable. can get the sketch drawn in the assembly and the profile (.375dia circle) but Solidworks will not allow me to perform a sweep boss command. Is there anyother way to do this or am I just up a creek.

Thanks in advance.

J Walthall

Can you post up the model [sketchs] of the cable? We don't need the other assembly parts, just the cable.... makes trouble shooting that much easier.

J
    JerryFlyGuy
    The more I know... the more I realize I don't
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yes - should be simple.
    Your profile to sweep should be an a plane that is pierced by the path.
    What version SW are you on?
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Sorry for not getting back to your replies as I have been out of town. Here is my problem. My path for the sweep is created by a 3d line and curves as it does not lie on any certian plane. Now problem creating this and then the profile is parallel to a face of one of the parts in the assembly. Once all geometery is created I do not have the option of choosing the sweep feature. This is telling me that Solidworks does not like my geometery. How do I make a sweept feature in an assemble using a 3d line .

Thanks for everyone responding!!!

Jim W

Quote Originally Posted by JWWalthall View Post
    My path for the sweep is created by a 3d line and curves as it does not lie on any certian plane.
    I'm betting that your path sketch is fine, but you need to create a plane that is normal to any one of the 3D sketch entities. When creating this plane, select 'normal to curve', and pick your line or arc. THAT is the plane that your profile sketch needs to be on.