584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 3M-C controller

A couple of months ago, I purchased my first CNC machine, a Kira KV-3MC Machining Center with a Fanuc 3M-C controller. The seller led me to belief that all the manuals were included. I received none. Luckily, I was able to get the parameter settings from Kira Japan, but have had absolutely no luck in locating any other documentation for machine or controller.
    Batteries on controller were dead upon arrival. Replaced them. I still get two alarms: "P/S Alarm 100" & "Servo Alarm 02 (VRDY)". Tried clearing with holding "CAN" and "P" down while powering up, but nothing cleared.

Can anyone please help? Manuals would help a lot, because I have no experience with cnc controllers.

Thanks in advance.

Alarm #100 means that the Parameter write/protect switch on the main board is on. That switch is designed to prevent you from changing parameters by accident. You must turn off that switch, then hit RESET to get rid of the alarm and run normally.

The VRDY alarm means that one or more of your servos isn't coming up ready. When you release E-stop (or just power up the control without E-stop), the big MCC contactor on the back of each drive unit should pull in with a "thunk" and the motors should come under power. If the contactors never pull in, that's a problem on the CNC (maybe you're in E-stop). If the contactors pull in, then drop off again, that's usually a servo problem. It's also possible that your control is never coming out of E-stop for some reason. Look to see if an overtravel switch is on or stuck. There are usually two sets of overtravel switches. One just give the OT alarm and lets you back away, the other puts the control into E-stop and disables the servos. That's a "backup" safety switch in case the servo simply runs-away. Most machine tool builders wire all these extreme OT switches in series, so if any one of them is actuated, all the servos shut off and you stay in E-stop.

Hope this helps.

Dan,

Thanks. Your advise surely helps. The parameter switch was indeed switched on. The whole spindle head was lowered, by hand, to facilitate shipping. This may have put limit switch in E-stop position. I will check on this and let you know if things fall into place.

I still need to get an operations manual. Any idea where?

Regards,

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by FastCut View Post
    Dan,

Thanks. Your advise surely helps. The parameter switch was indeed switched on. The whole spindle head was lowered, by hand, to facilitate shipping. This may have put limit switch in E-stop position. I will check on this and let you know if things fall into place.

I still need to get an operations manual. Any idea where?

Regards,

Mike
    yep.. check the overtravel switches first.. if you have other problems just call fanuc they have a bunch of good guys working in the service department and they dont charge for help.. they also sell manuals...

Re: Fanuc 3M-C controller

Hello, do you have copy for the PC parameter? My atc now couldn't work at all, and I was told I missed the PC parameter. Although my machine is Kira KV-5MC with Fanuc 6, I would love to install your parameter and see if that works.
    Second thing, PC parameter is NOT download-able for Fanuc old model, so you may want to take some pictures before it is too late.
    Thank you so much.

Don
    donatellotam(a) yahoo . com . hk