585,973 active members*
4,039 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SolidCam to Mach3 Post processor ??

Does one exsist ? is there such a beast. Can anyone point me in the right direction.....

Posts from SolidCAM

Did you ask SolidCAM or your reseller? My SolidCAM guy told me they give them away if they already have one made. I got my HAAS one free.

Was just looking into which Cam Software to buy.....How much did you pay for SolidCam ??

I don't know about your side of the pond but the price you pay for SolidCAM depends upon what you buy i.e. turning, Milling 2D, Milling 3D, Milling Prismatic etc. Also do have SolidWorks already? If not, then the SolidCAM / SolidWorks bundle is a good deal.

If this is your first purchase of CAM software, look very hard at the level of support the seller offers and talk to other customers about their experience.

Regarding post processors, SolidCAM allows users to edit their post processors to suit their own particular needs and there is a small group of enthusiastic post tweakers over in the SolidCAM forum who are happy to help and advise.

Price for SolidCAM

BB is right as always, it depends on how many axis you are machining in.

Evidently I paid too much as they seem have a "group buy" thing going on now that is a lot less than I paid. It seems like their resellers are getting together and offering, a big discount, payment terms and discount maintenance. Where was this when I needed to buy SolidCAM??????

It is very kind of you to say so, but I am not always right (and I have the scrap parts to prove it).

SolidCAM stuff

BB, You're wrong. Your always right. :argue:

Wow what did I miss.... now now lads, lifes to short and all that... anyway I thought it was my Wife thats always right....(nuts)

PS where's this group buy thing going on ??

Group Buy and cruddy compliments

I sometimes try feeble attempts at humor, and this was one of them. BB is my hero (OK, I know this sounds too like too much flattery). His posts always point me in the right direction and have really helped me change some things that worked, but not efficently.

I talked with my reseller guy and they seem to think that the Group Buy will be launched in Canada sometime next week (heard through the grapevine). He guesses the Resellers in Canada weren't included in the first deal as the US resellers were the ones who came up with the idea.

I'm betting if you contact SolidCAM, they will jump at the chance of you getting on board. Sucks for us current users, although please tell them CNC_user brought it up. There is another rumor I get a discount on my maintenance! Although they may want to charge me double as I have Ken (my very patient support dude) on speed-dial.

Hey, no harm done (and I wasn't lying about the scrap parts).:wee:

I agree with CNC USER about this "group buy" thing being unfair to existing users and I can only hope that we all get lower maintenance charge when we renew.