584,863 active members*
4,809 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Phase Converters > Help Help Help - Huanyang VFd and spindle

Unhappy Help Help Help - Huanyang VFd and spindle

Hi Guys
    I also recently purchased a 1.5kw air-cooled spindle and Huanyang HY0D523B VFD inverter from Aoran Bai.
    I have just had it wired up by an electrician, but when we started the motor, it ran slowly for about 45 seconds, got very hot, and smoke started coming from the motor housing.
    I am in Australia, so we use 'proper' 240 volts and have wired the inputs to R & T, and earth.
    We stopped everything and allowed the motor to cool. We then checked all the wiring, which was correct.
    We also checked the terminals on the motor and got 7.6 ohms on each terminal.
    We also checked the current and voltage settings in the inverter to ensure that they match with those in the manual paperwork, which they did.
    We then tried again, but with the same results – the motor ran slowly, and started to get very hot again.
    We then stopped everything and again checked the terminals for the motor windings – each one read around 8 ohms.
    At this stage, the electrician is stumped and does not know what to suggest.
    Could you please put your mind/ thoughts to this problem and advise if you can.
    ps: how do I do a 'factory reset' on this beast?
    Very puzzled.
    Cheers
    Noel
    :bs::bs:

I don't have one of these spindle/VFD sets, but I plan to get one in the future. I believe that the spindle has to be running at a certain speed before the air fan will come on: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=156 That's why the speed range starts at 6,000 rpm.

The rest of that thread is chock full of useful information.

Chris Kirchen

Don't have the spindle yet but you might want to check out PD013 parameter reset in the manual.

Sorry to hear about your problems. I can't believe the spindle is overheating after 45 seconds, there is definitely something odd going on.

I don't have a solution for you, but if you haven't seen it yet, there is a complete manual for these VFD's posted at:

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=17

I know there are a couple of spindle users from Australia online, so perhaps someone with your same setup will have some ideas.

Steve

Hi Noel,

I have one of the 2.2kw water cooled sets and had a similar problem when I first hooked mine up. It turned out to be the operating frequency of the VDF that needed to be changed. The default is 50 hz but the high speed spindles need to see 400 hz. In my VDF I have set PD004 Base Frequency to 400.0 and PD005 Max Operating Frequency to 400.0.

I hope this helps you out. Hopefully it hasn't gotten too hot.

Regards,

Jayson.
    (Horsham Victoria)
    Quick... catch all the smoke so I can stuff it back in.

i think you may help me

Guys, I have a question for an equivalent product.

Please help

I just bought a 3kW inverter from the same guy as PsychoPig did.

The idea is to convert the AC220V60Hz i've got here in Brazil to AC220V50Hz to some household appliances (dishes washing machine, for instance).

Now I'm reading through internet the applications for this kind of VDF and none is household, which is scarrying me. So far I have not tried the little thing.

Do you think it could work for it or eventually damage something?

thank you

Hey Guys,
    I had the same problem as well about 5 weeks ago after receiving a replacement one from Aoran.
    VERY good feed back service from them and all my emails were answered in a few minutes. He must not sleep. :-)
    I had done a full reset and still had the same problem with the motor running at 600 revs and then smoking.
    I then laboriously went through the manual changing settings one by one of the ones I thought would make it spin faster through torque curves etc but as it turned out it was a simple setting on (I think) PD025.
    I will confirm this when I get home as I haven't got the manual with me at the moment.
    You need to change it from 0 to a 1.
    I set this then everything went very well.
    Now all I have to do is find out how to wire it up through the computer which, if my readings on the forums is right, will be very difficult due to the Chinese engineers not implementing the ModBus properly.
    If anyone knows about this then I am all ears (or eyes here)
    Rich.

Update.
    It is PD025 and the setting is set to 1 for " Frequency Track Start "
    That should get you back on board with the motor overheating after you do a "reset" on PD013 (set to 08 )
    I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

HI, I think these spindles were not made ​​to run under 8000 rpm , if does will burn for sure !

If you read the manual , he has an option to limit the maximum speed at which I believe will be set a minimum and you must change the minimum to 50 hz and maximum to 400Hz .

Common electricians are far from this kind of configuration, so it's up to you read the manual and make the connections and settings as shown.

In 50hz the spindle must run at 3000RPM and 400hz 24000rpm , hope it helps .

VFD

Hi, I have the 1.5Kw model but I have not been able to set it because I do not know how to use the keypad.
    I used the Prog button and then the up value key to Pd013 and then I get stuck. Whatever I push it shows 50.00.
    Can anyone please provide a flowchart showing which buttons to push and when.