585,761 active members*
4,163 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help required

Hi all,
    Need some help. My company recently inherited a Bridgeport Mill, with the BPC2M EZ-Trak Control. I'm a PLC programmer, not a machinist, so please bear with me for a moment.

We have the manuals for the mill itself, but nothing regarding the EZ-Trak controller. Is there anything available as far as programming reference, or how the controller works?

Help is much appreciated.

Bridgeport had a very good programming manual. They can be purchased on CDROM from machinemanuals.net.
    Typically, when installing on of these, a couple of hours of instruction in operation and basic programming was given. A week later, the customer was quite proficient with the machine. It helps to be a machinist. To know HOW to approach a job.
    The control is very intuitive and powerful with the ability to do repeats, scaling, rotation, cutter comp, mill pocket (circular or rectangular), mill arc, arc of holes, etc.
    You never have to put the vise at an angle any more.
    If it is a 3 axis machine it will do large 3d type programs with DNC.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by machintek View Post
    Bridgeport had a very good programming manual. They can be purchased on CDROM from machinemanuals.net.
    Typically, when installing on of these, a couple of hours of instruction in operation and basic programming was given. A week later, the customer was quite proficient with the machine. It helps to be a machinist. To know HOW to approach a job.
    The control is very intuitive and powerful with the ability to do repeats, scaling, rotation, cutter comp, mill pocket (circular or rectangular), mill arc, arc of holes, etc.
    You never have to put the vise at an angle any more.
    If it is a 3 axis machine it will do large 3d type programs with DNC.

George
    awesome, thanks for the quick help. Like I said, I'm not a machinist/tool and die maker by trade, but I can use them fairly well. We've just never had one in here with a programmable controller, they were all manual up to this point. Is this thing at all compatible with solid works? I've been told that solid works can generate the code for CNC, but not sure if this is the same thing.