515,346 active members
5,998 visitors online
Register for free
Login

Digital Machinist CNC Workshop

Many of you are familiar with the CNC Workshop that Roland Friestad hosted for a number of years at his shop in Galesburg, IL. The workshop will not be held this year due to the fact that Roland has decided it is finally time to retire.

After hearing the news from Roland, we decided to look into the possibility of Digital Machinist hosting the show. There was, unfortunately, not enough time to get a workshop together this year but we are moving ahead with plans for one next year (2010).

Many of the details for the workshop are still being worked out but I can give you some generalities.

1) The time of the event will remain close to previous workshops, sometime around mid-June.
    2) We are planning on the workshop running three to four days.
    3) The workshop will remain in the Midwest. Where in the Midwest is unknown at this time, but we hope to keep it convenient and within reach of previous attendees.

I’ll keep you posted as the details of the workshop are firmed up.

George

Registered
    I am sorry that I missed Roland's workshops in the past as they looked informative and fun. If the location is still open, I would request that it be near a larger airport. This would be more convenient for anyone trying to fly in for a few days. I wonder if there is a good venue around the Omaha area?

Good luck with the planning. I will look for details in the future. Keep up the good work on the magazine!

Gary

Up to now, I have been searching mainly in SE Michigan. This area has a few things going for it. It is easy to get to for most of the previous attendees and should provide some reasonably priced accommodations.

Another thing it has going for it is the fact that I can make it down there and back in a day. There will be a bit of legwork involved in setting the workshop up and the time I can take away from working on the magazines is limited.

Nothing has been decided though and I am still looking at a few areas in OH and IN. I’ll keep you posted as the details firm up.

George

Registered
    Is there any updates on this?

The other forum hasn't had any updates since the first of March.

Thanks

I do need to spend some time posting about the workshop. Later this week I will have some additions to the seminar list. I also hope to get a few tentative times and days set for the seminars but have not heard back from everyone yet.

I traveled down to the college last month and I think the facility will be a good fit for the workshop. We have access to three classrooms, one of which will have a number of computers installed. There are internet connections in all the classrooms. Wireless internet service will also be available in the building.

George

I had high hopes of getting the seminars for the CNC Workshop scheduled this week, but I still have too many loose ends to complete things. I am working on it and will get it posted in the Workshop Information thread on our site as soon as I am done. The link to the CNC Workshop forum is CNC Workshop Information

I understand a number of people will not be able to attend all four days and need to know the dates and times of each seminar in order to make their travel plans. In the Workshop Discussion thread at our site you will find my email address; contact me directly if you are interested in a specific seminar and I’ll try to get some dates for you.

I have heard from a few people who assumed information in the threads at our site had not changed, since many of the dates on the last posts are somewhat old. Don’t let the dates keep you from checking for new info. If I add something, such as new titles to the seminar list, I do so by editing my original post, which leaves the date unchanged.

George

Registered

Thanks

bellows manufacturers in india | expansion joints in india | metal bellows in chennai

Quote Originally Posted by srinivasan83 View Post

Thanks
    I have been updating some of the posts right along, but because of dong so by editing the original post, the date does not change. Simply adding seminar or other information as a new thread ends up scattering the information and making things hard to find.

I was down in Ann Arbor the last few days in meetings regarding the Workshop and will be posting some updated infromation in the next couple of days.

George

Registered

Washtenaw C.C. CNC Workshop Mach 3 questions

Hello,

I am having some issues. I bought a cnc mill and it came with a Dell laptop with Mach 3 preloaded on it. (Years ago) I can't get it to upgrade on the Mach 3 website and I can't figure out how to (IF possible) move Mach 3 to a newer computer. If anyone could offer assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ALL!

Registered
    Well I missed out this workshop. Could anyone post a video or some sort of information on it?