584,833 active members*
5,770 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam integrated into Solidworks.

Surfcam integrated into Solidworks.

I'm really starting to wish that Surfcam was integrated directly into Solidworks. I'm interested to see if others agree.

Lets say you could have virtually all of the functionality you have now but you'd have to basically learn a new interface. What do you think?

I realize this would be a major undertaking for Surfware and I'm not suggesting that they should "just" do it as if it's no big deal.

I think Surfcam has by far the best technology as far as tool path generation. Now that we've got Truemill, it's hard to ask for much more on the technical side. What I do want is a new modern user interface and I figure it makes the most sense to integrate it directly into Solidworks like some of the other CAM makers do.

I think its great that you have found a CAM software that you are happy with!!! Most of us search forever just to settle on what our boss will spring for.

Undo would be nice. Also better toolpath containment. Ease of editing existing toolpaths (i.e. adding or subtracting geometry) would be cool too. Toolcribs would speed things up for me too. Dual turret turning I could use. Surfcam's 5 axis trim is the cat's pajamas. Building on that, a full integration of Module Works would be great (I am an ex MasterCAM user). Customizable speed and feed calculators would sure help the apprentices in my shop. A nice user interface for customizing post processors sure would cut down my support calls also.

Besides that, I am a Surfcam believer!!!!

I wouldlike to see the UNDO feature also
    Lowell