585,975 active members*
4,877 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Post Processor Files > AlphaCAM Post Processor - Weeke and Busellato
Page 1 of 2 12

AlphaCAM Post Processor - Weeke and Busellato

We are looking for posts for our Weeke Venture 7L, Busellato Jet Concept XXL and Busellato Jet 4XXL.

For the Weeke we are looking for a .MPR file output, or equivalent, for the machine. Currently, we use WoodWOP 5.0 (Build 755.0) for programming.

For the Busellato Jet Concept we are looking for a .CNC file output, or equivalent, for the machine. Currently, we use Genesis Evolution 6.5. The Program Editor is PanEdit / TpaSpa editor pannello Version 1.3.0.0. The Busellato Jet 4 runs Genesis Evolution 4.0 and the Program Editor is Edipan 32 Verison 4.0.6. This machine and software can read the same .CNC file made in Genesis Evolution 6.5. So I assume a post would work for both machines since the files are interchangeable.

I got a quote for writing a post for this machines....$3500...I can't believe it! The post cost almost more then the software!! Previous employer used MasterCAM and then there were LOTS of base post. Most needed LITTLE modification.

Can anyone share their posts?

Question

Bwilkerson,

How are you generating toolpaths for those machines now?

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Right now we use AlphaCAM for programming an OLD Routech Rotronic (sp?) The PC front end uses OS2 Warp! This is the only post that we have and use. Put in before my time....

The Weeke we use WoodWOP 5 to program.

The Busellato we use Genesis Evolution.

We don't use AlphaCAM currently for the Weeke or Busellato's

I've contacted Planit and got this outrageous quote. Thus why I'm here pleading.

GENISIS AND WOODWOP POSTS

Hi there.

If you still require a post for either the "Busellato Jet5 Genesis Evolution ver3[1].4 M1" I have also "HomagWeeke Woodwop 4.x english V5.0"

Let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Shaun

GENISIS POST FOR ALPHACAM

Ive attached a jet post.

Ive never used this post by the way.
    We got rid of the machine before I could use it.

The file is a text file.

Once you get the file to your pc change the (.txt) to .arp and then you can open the post in alpha edit and use it as a post.

You might have to modify it,

Shaun
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks good....alittle changing and it should work...

You said you also had a one for WoodWOP V5 to?

POST PROCESSOR FOR WOODWOP

I've attached the woodwop post it does say english version,
    but when you open the post its nearly all in german apart from a few things which are in english.

I did have a different post for wood wop but cannot locate it.

I've attached it as a text file again.
    :cheers:
    Attached Files Attached Files

if you are looking for a way to transfer programs from the homag to the busellato there is a way. but you cant transfer them the other way round. also genesis will only pick up lines and contours from woodwop.

Hi to all,

I'm looking a post for a woodwop weeke machine but I'cant find working one.
    I have edited the artcam 2009 post and it works prety well but nothing for use saw, drill head or 4th axis.
    I'm looking for a more complex CAM program like solidcam, alphacam, topsolid, mastercam or similar but I only found the alphacam postprocessor posted in this forum for my machine but it doesn't work, it made bad .mpr files.
    If someone needs I have found a lot of post for topsolid (not for woodwop) and I have a decent one for artcam.

If some one could help me or needs my help.

Thanks million.

Quote Originally Posted by jauki View Post
    Hi to all,

I'm looking a post for a woodwop weeke machine but I'cant find working one.
    I have edited the artcam 2009 post and it works prety well but nothing for use saw, drill head or 4th axis.
    I'm looking for a more complex CAM program like solidcam, alphacam, topsolid, mastercam or similar but I only found the alphacam postprocessor posted in this forum for my machine but it doesn't work, it made bad .mpr files.
    If someone needs I have found a lot of post for topsolid (not for woodwop) and I have a decent one for artcam.

If some one could help me or needs my help.

Thanks million.
    Hi, I asm looking at the same issue for a mate that has just picked up a Homag . Woodwop 4.5 is running and we can cut.
    How did you get on? did you ever find a postpro?

Paul

I'm using artcam but nothing for complex milling or cutting.

With TopSOlidWood, you can export as mpr simple drilling, cutting and milling commands.
    With MasteCam, the offer me (and send me some pieces demos) a post for 2000€ but you need a purchased mastercam and I haven't.
    Now, i´m thinking to try making a most complex post for inven tor CAM but it's hard and i'm reading and reading.

homag post

Thanx for the reply.

I looked at 3d dxf into cambam to get gcode. cambam has an editable post pro.
    I cant see a way to import nc code to woodwop.

demo ver of artcam would not load into woodwop.
    Acad layer names is the dxf import to woodwop clue. some of the layer names can be found.

Bottom line still nothing that is able to be used in production. My goal is to get the homag to do 3d

Paul

Whats the problem do 3d with Homag?

I do 3d on weeke optimat bhc 250 in next way:
    1. open your 3d any model in artcam 2010 sp4
    2. generate toolpaths and save it using .ply postpro for weeke or homag not mpr.
    3. Start new project in woodwop and insert Polyline trimming macros
    4. Point on needed .ply file and generate NC.
    5. Open nc program in main Homatic IPC Funktion window and start to mill...
    you maybe asked to enter in DNC mode if program too big - accept and mill...

not mpr

Thanx Rabble,

I will give you method a try. I am not sure how to do the polyline bit in woodwop. I am not that expert, but will try to do as you have outlined.

Paul

Polyline trimming makros in Woodwop in the same menu as usual vertical routing makros - looks like big letter A with dots.

Need Help! - need postprocessor for alphacam to weeke (vantage 33 ) homag.
    Currently, we use WoodWOP 5.0 for programming. Can anyone help!!! thanks

Unhappy alphacam woodwop

please help me i need to alphacam woodwop post processer

Hi again

Quote Originally Posted by Rabble View Post
    Polyline trimming makros in Woodwop in the same menu as usual vertical routing makros - looks like big letter A with dots.
    Rabble I have sent you a PM

I am looking for a post for weeke venture 2 (Woodwop 4.5) too. I use Artcam but my postprocesor is not good enough.
    The postprocesor for HomagWeeke Woodwop 4.x english V5.0, when I open files in woodwop, says bad file. I think is necesary to change the start files in the post, the rest of the posprocesor is ok (I think) but i dont understand very good the post. ( sorry for my english)

Re: AlphaCAM Post Processor - Weeke and Busellato

Hi every one please help me i need post alphacam for woodwop 6.1. does anyone help me?

Page 1 of 2 12