584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > DynaCNC > DynaCNC Plasma THC 6000 series contoller Problems

Question DynaCNC Plasma THC 6000 series contoller Problems

After being unsucessfull in being able to contact Dynacnc, I will ask a few questions here.
    Is there anyone out there using Dynacnc's 6000 series controller, torch height controls and a Cutmaster series plasma torch. For that matter is anyone successfully using any plasma torch with the 6000 series controller?
    This was a manaul hand torch that Dyna reconfigured to run with the 6000 series contoller. I have not successfully cut a pattern since delivery in 8-'08. Its driving me crazy not mention the money tied up doing nothing. I spent allot of time on the phone but nothing got resolved.
    The problem was, I believe, that Mach could not get or recognize the torch volts. The torch would ignite , start to move, then start to raise up untill it lost the arc. Or if I set the volts below 85 the torch would dive into the material. I took the torch to a local shop and they told me the that one voltage lead was on the "electrode" connection(were it should be), but the other was on the "tip" connection and should have been on the Work#1 connection. The boys in the shop said once the tip transfered the arc to the work piece I was not getting the correct voltage readouts. I have changed the connections in the torch but would like to reconfirm a jumper setting in the contoller to make sure I'm setup correctly to recieve "raw" volts from the torch. I've attached a pic of the jumper that Dyna had me move (to the upper pins)prior to firing up the torch. Anyone know if the upper pins are the raw or divided volt setting?
    Help on any of this would be eternally gratefull. Better yet if anyone from Dyna(Dave) would jump in on this it would surely help.
    FYI, I'm happy as a lark with the router portion of the machine, fast and smooth.

Thanks
    Mike

Sorry about the cross post in the wookworking area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Optionsboardjump.jpg  

Dear Mike
    We produce Capacitive Sensor for plasma and Oxy Fuel cutters.
    Different solution for THC.
    Please visit www.agelkom.com.tr
    Best regards,
    Argun Gucdemir
    Agelkom Ltd