Hi,

I've just started a thread in the DIY router section for my new machine and have mentioned that I'm somwhat stuck with the software side of things.

I'm looking for some good advice on what programs I could use to allow me to get my machine cutting.

I am currently using Windows XP Pro and have the option of using Windows 200 Pro or Windows 98 if need be. I design my 2D stuff in a cad program that can generate *.dxf files and I am use a DOS based program to run a small Step Four gantry mill. This last program is very good as it imports *.dxf files and allows you set up milling corrections, axis speeds, direction of travel and all the other good stuff but it can be a bit tedious running in DOS and it also dedicated to it's own controller which means that I cannot run my new machine from this.

I have a version of Mach 3 on a Windows 2000 machine and this has allowed me to run the machine up and down but I can't figure out how to carry out all the setups to allow me to cut anything out. It seems a hell of a lot more complicated than the Step Four software.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nick