585,996 active members*
4,657 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > EdgeCam > Need help machining multiple parts

Need help machining multiple parts

I am very new to edgecam. I kinda got thrown into the position of making programs for our machining centers and only have a few days of (so-called) training from the previous guy who did it. Most of which time was spent on the design side rather than the manufacture side.
    We do alot of work with multiple vises. So, for the life of me I can't figure out how make edgecam machine different work offsets automatically. So right now I post it and manually copy and paste it 2 times in Part Editor and change the G54 to G55 and G56 on the pasted items. I tried playing with the Matrix feature but that just posts it to where ever i space the parts at in matrix. I am lost, any help would be appriciated.
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”

You will have to create a cpl at the location where you want to have the second or third work shift from, if that is where you want the datum to be. Then you will go into your first tool you are using that you want to change the work shift on and pick work datum overide in the second tab and put what ever work datum you want. This should post out a different work datum. Experiment with this and reply back if you need more help.

Thanks for the help. I figured it out with your help, but now my problem is the tool returns to home before it goes to the next work offset. That and I am trying to make it post through coolant on my high speed drills. Through coolant is checked on the tool in the tool store, but it still posts M08 instead of M88. I checked the code wizzard and M88/M89 supported is checked, so I dont know where to go from here.
    “The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.”

Btw, I am using EC2009 R1 entry level milling. We have have a Haas VF3 and a Haas VF6.

To make it post out thru tool coolant, check thru tool coolant in tool in toolstore and make sure in your post that you have it set to post out m88 for thru tool. If you cant figure it out, let me know and I will send you a screenshot of my posts as I have them set to read from the toolstore and change coolants from tool to tool as needed. I am running R1 now my self and I made all my posts in V12, but updated them as I went up.

You might try doing a pathtrace from NC debug within the code wizzard to see where its pulling that M8 from.